PR & Marketing Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Program Assistant, The C. Boyden Gray Center for the Study of the Administrative State
The George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School seeks a Program Assistant
for the C. Boyden Gray Center for the Study of the Administrative State on the Arlington, VA., campus. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Gray Centerâ€™s Event Planner & Communications Specialist, the Program Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Centerâ€™s staff, and providing general support for the Gray Centerâ€™s events and programs. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with several aspects of the Gray Centerâ€™s event planning and execution, including preparation of materials, onsite setup, event registration, database and file management;
- Coordinating several aspects of the Gray Centerâ€™s administrative operations, including processing reimbursements and bill payments, providing support for vendor accounts, and supporting the Gray Centerâ€™s Events & Communications Specialist as necessary;
- Administrative Support for the Events & Communications Specialist as necessary;
- Tracking/collecting materials and updating a variety of databases and lists;
- Other administrative and office duties as assigned
- Bachelorâ€™s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent organizational skills, with the proven ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities effectively
- Self-starter, highly motivated and detail oriented
- Ability to interact with people at all levels, including high-level officials in government and academia, in a professional manner and in different settings
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings (when the Center has events) Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with event management software
- Experience with Microsoft Office products as well as strong database experience
- This is not a supervisory position.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a one-page cover letter, a resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date : 2019-01-07