Credit Account Specialist (1255-679)
The Credit Account Specialist is a key role in the Accounts Receivables team. Reporting to the Supervisor, Accounts Receivable, this non-supervisory positon is responsible for reviewing and establishing customer credit limits up to $5,000 to facilitate timely product delivery while mitigating risk. Candidates should have a strong background in financial statement analysis and credit assessment. The Credit Account Specialist is also responsible collecting on delinquent accounts, resolving customer disputes, processing credit card payments, approving order releases due to credit limit issues and conducting risk analysis on the portfolio.Roles and Responsibilities
- Reviews & processes credit applications and conducts financial statement analysis for smaller exposures to determine credit-worthiness of new and existing customers along with communicating credit decisions to customers and staff. Accounts Receivable Supervisor and Credit Manager will determine authority limits.
- Works with Credit Analyst, Customer Service, and Strategic Customer Development team to identify accounts requiring credit line reviews, in addition to analyzing customer credit and payment trends to assess portfolio risk.
- Manages a portfolio of accounts ensuring timely collection of funds due to USP.
- Reviews orders that exceed credit lines and works with Credit Analyst and customers to facilitate timely order release, adhering to approved department operating policies.
- Adheres to Global Finance Cultural Statement & Operating Principles at all times.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Accounting or relevant field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least three years of experience in a collections/credit risk role doing accounts receivables, collections, cash entry, reviewing/processing credit applications, etc.
- Strong financial statement analysis experience
- ERP experience using financial applications, especially Oracle E-Business suite
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in using and interpreting agency credit reports (DNB Credit)
- Knowledge of financing tools (letters of credit and bank guarantees)
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- The ability to influence without direct authority
- Results driven with demonstrated successful outcomes
- Ability and desire to work well with diverse employees and customers in a cooperative and friendly manner
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Able to work flexible hours when needed
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular