The Division of University Relations (UR) seeks a highly motivated Coordinator to provide a high level of administrative and programmatic support to the Office of Human Resources (UR_HR) (6 staff members). This unit is responsible for providing human resources services to approximately 250 employees and 50 students within the division as well as others associated with the division.
The Coordinator coordinates orientation and onboarding of new staff to the division and additional campus units associated with development. S/he develops custom orientation schedules for new hires and coordinates the monthly overview schedule, updating it annually.
Additionally, the Coordinator works with the Search Coordinator to arrange candidate travel to campus for divisional searches, and when needed, meet, greet and escort candidates to meetings at various campus locations. Other responsibilities may include, but are not limited to scheduling interviews, preparing documentation, updating candidate information and sending notifications.
The Coordinator provides a high level of customer service to internal and external customers including answering inquiries and directing questions to the appropriate UR_HR staff member. S/he will be cross trained on other HR functions and will assist Human Resources staff on special projects as well as develop and maintain databases and lists. The Coordinator must be able to handle sensitive and confidential materials/matters with discretion & tact and will need to be flexible to manage multiple activities and deadlines.
Education (include licenses, certifications, etc.):
Bachelors degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the degree.
A minimum of two years of human resources experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
•Excellent customer service skills demonstrated by the ability to deal with diverse internal and external customer in a flexible, calm, and professional manner.
• Strong verbal communication skills. Strong written communication skills, demonstrated by the ability to compose effective, customer-focused correspondence, including e-mail messages and produce work with minimal errors.
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Suite applications: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Must have the ability to create and manage databases and spreadsheets.
• Proofreading and editing skills.
• Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to handle sensitive & confidential materials/matters with discretion & tact.
• Proactive and creative problem solver with the ability to handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities.
• Attention to detail and ability to handle a varied and changing workload