Outside Advertising Sales (College and University)
The Chronicle of Higher Education is looking for a motivated outside sales professional to grow advertising revenue in their territory. You’ll take on a consultant role for clients by presenting integrated advertising strategies that take advantage of The Chronicle’s comprehensive suite of multimedia solutions to help them tell their story to the most influential audience in higher education.
What you’ll do:
- Establish strong relationships with College and University clients via in-person appointments, telephone calls, e-mail correspondence and conference participation.
- Expand sales through cross selling within client organizations as well as uncovering new opportunities.
- Work closely to build campus-wide strategies and lead sales efforts for all forms of advertising.
- Meet and exceed all sales goals and objectives, as set monthly, quarterly and annually.
Who you are:
- You are a proven sales leader with the ability to manage a pipeline and grow business in your territory.
- You have a deep understanding of all forms of advertising, along with insight into the higher education and philanthropy markets.
- You have demonstrated your ability to execute through the entire sales cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree and completion of formal sales training.
Interested candidates should send a resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sales” in the subject heading.
The Chronicle is based in Washington, D.C. Our salaries are competitive and our benefits are among the best in the business, including 24 days of paid vacation.
The Chronicle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.