Assistant Inspector General for Investigations (Attorney Advisor)
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation expenses as described in 5 U.S.C. § 5753 may be authorized in accordance with applicable travel regulations, agency policy, and available funding.
Current career Senior Executives, QRB-certified graduates of SES candidate development programs, and individuals with SES reinstatement eligibility are not required to address the executive core qualifications. They are required to address the technical qualifications. All other applicants are required to address both the executive core qualifications and the technical qualifications.
Mandatory Qualifications Requirements: To meet minimum qualifications, applicants must possess the following technical and executive core competencies. These competencies would typically be gained through experience, education, and training that reflects progressive development and achievement in managing a Federal legal program for a nationwide organization. An individual’s total experience and education must demonstrate the ability to perform the duties of the position.
A. Technical Professional Competencies – All applicants must include a narrative statement showing how their knowledge and experience relates to the following Technical Professional Competencies (TPCs). The narrative statement should not two pages for each qualification.
TPC 1: Demonstrated experience leading, directing, and monitoring a comprehensive criminal or administrative investigative program involving broad and complex issues of fraud, waste, abuse, or misconduct by senior officials through a large geographically dispersed professional workforce.
TPC 2: Demonstrated experience leading a program that develops, implements, and ensures compliance with investigative policy and procedures.
B. Executive Core Qualifications – All applicants, unless noted above, must include a narrative statement, not to exceed 10 pages, with no more than two pages for each of the following qualifications:
- LEADING CHANGE - Ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
- LEADING PEOPLE - Ability to lead people toward meeting the organization’s vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
- RESULTS DRIVEN - Ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
- BUSINESS ACUMEN - Ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
- BUILDING COALITIONS - Ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
In addressing these mandatory qualifications elaborate on your accomplishments, experience, training, education, and awards, highlighting the problems solved and work objectives met, i.e., the results of your effort and evidence of your success. Do not repeat entries from your narrative work history. More information concerning the executive core qualifications may be obtained on the Internet at: http://www.opm.gov/ses/references/GuidetoSESQuals_2010.pdf
(Attorney-Advisor): Applicants must (1) be a graduate of an accredited law school with an LL.B. or J.D.; and (2) be a current member of a bar with a valid license to practice law in a state, territory of the United States, District of Columbia, or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Citizenship: The selected applicant must be a United States Citizen or United States National. Proof of citizenship will be required prior to selection.
2. Drug Testing: All applicants tentatively selected for an SES position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment. After appointment, the selectee will be subject to random testing for illegal drug use.
3. Qualifications Approval and Probationary Period: Persons newly selected for career appointment to the SES must have their executive core qualifications approved by the Office of Personnel Management Qualifications Review Board and will be required to serve a 1-year probationary period.
4. Mobility: Individuals selected for SES positions may be subject to reassignment across geographic, organizational, and functional lines.
5. Background Investigation: This position is designated as critical sensitive and requires a background investigation and favorable adjudication for a Top Secret clearance.
6. Financial Disclosure: Senior Executives are required to comply with the Ethics in Government Act, as amended, which requires the submission of a financial disclosure statement, SF 278, upon assuming an SES position, annually, and upon separation from employment.
7. Reasonable Accommodation: VA OIG provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify us. The decision on granting a reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
8. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59, and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Noncompetitive Consideration: Current career Senior Executives, QRB certified graduates, graduates of SES candidate development programs, and individuals with SES reinstatement eligibility will be considered for noncompetitive appointment.
All applicants will be evaluated by a panel of senior executives to determine the degree to which they possess the qualifications.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required No