Assistive Technology Specialist
- Full Time
This position is responsible to assist in providing leadership for Assistive Technology services and will work directly with the Specialized Instructional Facilitators for Assistive Technology (SIF-ATs) to implement models for integration of technology to support the needs of diverse learners in accordance with requirements set forth within the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) in collaboration with Department of Instruction staff.
* Assists Supervisor by providing leadership for implementation of strategies and tools to implement an instructional model to provide access for students with disabilities to instructional and educational materials across environments for full participation in division initiatives and instructional programs including existing and new initiatives including universal screening regardless of the tool we select
* Demonstrates leadership in collaboration and evaluation services by the SIF-ATs for school staff and students with a foundation in both the Universal Design for Learning Framework and the Student, Environment, Task, and Tools (SETT) Framework to support Personalized Learning and participation in CAT for instruction and assessment.
* Works with staff in the Department of Pupil Services and the Department of Instruction to deliver division-wide training in a variety of formats to provide professional learning for school staff to build capacity for providing greater accessibility and resources at the school level.
* Plans and conducts collaborative model lessons that demonstrate the use of assistive technology in instruction with a focus on division instructional initiatives including Personalized Learning, Measures of Academic Performance (MAP), and Project-Based Learning within the One to the World framework.
* Actively participates in collaboration with other division personnel including school-based administrators and division leadership in the Department of Instruction and Department of Digital Innovation to support accessibility for students with disabilities.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Master's Degree in special education or related services such as occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech-language pathology preferred
* Successful experience in an administrative position and endorsement in Administration preferred
* Successful experience in the field of Special Education with the implementation of Assistive Technology
* Knowledge and understanding of the effective usage and integration of both educational technology and Assistive Technology
* Demonstrated knowledge of strategies to increase accessibility to instruction for students with disabilities
* Effective organizational abilities and time management skills
* Demonstrates strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills for working effectively with teachers, administrators, parents, and students
* Experienced Microsoft Office Suite user including accessibility features
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
This position reports directly to the Supervisor of Related Services.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.