Senior Attorney (Contracting and National Security Acquisitions)
5 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - .
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Must be an active member in good standing of a bar of a state, a territory of the United States, the District of Columbia, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
- Band III Senior Attorney candidates must have a minimum of four years (208 weeks) of legal experience working with complex, controversial, and far-reaching legal issues in the following areas: the award and administration of federal contracts; management of federal procurement programs; federal acquisition policy and procurement reform; research & development, procurement, and management of DOD major defense acquisition programs and NASA and DHS major systems; other transaction authority (OTA); federal acquisition workforce; small business and socio-economic contracting programs; management of contractors and the industrial base.
Must have a J.D. degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: This position is not in a bargaining unit.
TRAVEL & RELOCATION EXPENSES: Travel and relocation expenses related to this hiring process will not be paid.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: There is no formal rating system for applying veterans’ preference to attorney appointments in the excepted service; however, GAO considers veterans’ preference eligibility as a positive factor in attorney hiring. Applicants eligible for veterans’ preference must include that information in their cover letter or resume and attach supporting documentation (e.g., the DD 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty and other supporting documentation) to their submissions. Although the “point” system is not used, per se, applicants eligible to claim 10-point preference must submit Standard Form (SF) 15, Application for 10-Point Veterans’ Preference, and submit the supporting documentation required for the specific type of preference claimed (visit the OPM website, www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf for a copy of SF 15 which lists the types of 10-point preferences and the required supporting document(s)). Applicants should note that SF 15 requires supporting documentation associated with service-connected disabilities or receipt of nonservice-connected disability pensions to be dated 1991 or later except in the case of service members submitting official statements or retirement orders from a branch of the Armed Forces showing that his or her retirement was due to a permanent service-connected disability or that he/she was transferred to the permanent disability retired list (the statement or retirement orders must indicate that the disability is 10% or more.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If your submission demonstrates that you meet the criteria listed in the Qualifications section and includes the required cover letter and resume, your application will be further evaluated based on:
- Your years and level of experience researching and analyzing complex legal issues and working with applying the law, regulations, and policies relevant to the issues and responsibilities described in the Qualifications section.
- Experience and expertise that demonstrates superior legal research, analytical skills and writing on complex legal issues.
- Experience that demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills and sound judgement.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Applicable Drug test required No