Alexandria Justice Information System Coordinator
Alexandria Justice Information System (AJIS) Coordinator
The City of Alexandria is located in northern Virginia and is bordered by the District of Columbia (Potomac River), Arlington, and Fairfax counties. With a population of approximately 150,000 and a land area of 15.75 square miles, Alexandria is the seventh largest city in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Approximately one-quarter of the City's square miles have been designated as a national or local historic district. Several buildings in these districts are monuments to the past, while being actively used by citizens for homes, businesses, and museums. We proudly embrace our rich history and seize the endless opportunities that lie ahead. If you are interested in working for the vibrant City of Alexandria, we invite qualified candidates to apply for the Alexandria Judicial Information System (AJIS) Coordinator position.
An OverviewThe Circuit Court for the City of Alexandria is seeking an AJIS Coordinator who will be responsible for providing full performance specialized information technology work by leading the development and on-going maintenance of courts technology services. The qualified candidate will maintain, transform, and enhance databases in support of a wide variety of criminal and civil case management applications to include jail management, which are used by several municipal agencies and the general public. The position ensures the overall system design provides effectiveness, efficiency, and accuracy, as well as adherence to applicable laws. Technology is rapidly transforming the way in which Courts and partners conduct business and this position will assist by delivering digital processes. General supervision is provided by the Chief Judge of the Circuit Court and technical guidance and direction is provided by the Information Technology Services Department (ITS).
The Opportunity - Examples of Work
- Architect sound, secure, and proven technological solutions;
- Create and maintain detailed technical documentation;
- Document business processes and demonstrate how technology will alter processes to include defining complex problems and proposed solutions;
- Present findings and recommendations both orally and written;
- Perform full system lifecycle management from requirements gathering, planning, designing, developing, maintaining, testing, trouble-shooting, and monitoring system(s) performance;
- Continually advance technology improvements as features, functionalities, and capabilities become available;
- Provide input for development of statement of work or request for proposals;
- Provide vendor management by ensuring the work is performed to defined specifications;
- Implement industry best practices from data management to cybersecurity practices;
- Identify risks and recommendation technical remediation strategies or controls;
- Test, develop, and define business continuity plan and disaster recovery mechanisms;
- Serve as technical lead for complex projects to include upgrades, replacements, and proper decommissioning;
- Adhere to ITS' procedures, policies, guidance, and practices;
- Consult with various stakeholders to capture needs, requirements, and concerns then devises an action plan to address;
- Regularly provide progress updates to stakeholders;
- Develop secure standards for data sharing;
- Ensure applications and data stores utilize appropriate security standards and practices;
- Demonstrate technical competence to keep systems aligned with industry best practices;
- Mentor technical staff; and,
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
About the Alexandria Circuit CourtThe Alexandria Circuit Court is a court of general jurisdiction and presides over both civil and criminal cases, for either jury or non-jury trials. The Circuit Court has original jurisdiction for all felony indictments and for presentments, information and indictments for misdemeanors. The Circuit Court hears civil and criminal appeals from the General District Court and the Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court.