(Senior) Marketing Manager - Dietary Supplements and Herbal Medicines (1249-679)
The Marketing Manager/Sr. Manager – will be responsible for understanding USP’s role in standards and verification and the dietary supplement and herbal medicines industry and will contribute to driving the overall strategy and growth for dietary supplement and herbal medicines standards and services. The manager will lead development and execution of tactics for driving awareness, promotion and outreach to key stakeholders and customers including the DSHM/Verification communications and media plans such as advertising, public relations, digital and social media. The manager will be responsible for understanding market trends and customer insights to identify opportunities for products and services as well as future growth pipeline. The manager will also be responsible for leading and facilitating strategic initiatives and projects as part of the strategic plan including product portfolio management, marketing plan development, market research, and other key business priorities. He/She will need to demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with the customer development team and other internal functions (Science, global communications, stakeholder engagement, strategic insights, legal, finance and accounting, etc.) to ensure maximum impact.Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversees tactical plan development and deployment for marketing and communications plans.
- Interpret category and market trends and identify potential business opportunities.
- Support strategy development through trend analysis and market data review.
- Establish metrics and KPIs for tactical plan initiatives.
- Ability to forecast market trends based on direct customer insights and market research.
- Manages by influence and collaboration in a matrix environment.
- Develop and present key initiatives and project to USP leadership teams, key stakeholders and customers.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in marketing, business, or related field.
- Manager: Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of related work experience with a minimum of 2 years in product marketing, brand management or communications, preferably within healthcare, non-profit or consumer products.
- Senior Manager: Candidate must have a minimum of 7 years of related work experience with a minimum of 3 years in product marketing, brand management or communications, preferably within healthcare, non-profit or consumer products.
- Experience developing marketing and communications plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels in the organization.
- Results oriented with a track record of success in marketing commensurate with experience level
- Ability to patiently listen, gather customer/stakeholder insights and respond with creative solutions.
- A solid project management and process-driven approach to leading projects and teams.
- Strong ability to develop relationships and work collaboratively within a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking.
- Ability to interpret data and synthesize data and develop reporting tools.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, relational databases, data structure, data query, analysis and reporting.
- Global mindset and ability to travel - up to 20%.
This is not a supervisory position
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular