Principal Revenue Accounting Analyst
7 days left
- Full Time
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 13016.Financial & Accounting Operations
Location: McLean, VA
Travel %: Less than 10%
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 5 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education/experience not considered
Principal Revenue Accounting Analyst
Your role in helping us shape the future:
The Principal Revenue Accounting Analyst is responsible for analyzing revenue and Accounts Receivable (AR) and generating reports related to monthly, quarterly and year-end close. In this role, you will maintain the straight-lining schedule as well as deferred revenue schedules in accordance with GAAP and perform account reconciliations and adjusting entries on a monthly basis. Additionally, you'll assist in simplification and automation of new processes and procedures that properly capture, track and report revenue and AR, in accordance with the company revenue recognition policy and ASC 606 standards. Coordinate with Revenue Manager and Senior Manager to determine revenue recognition treatment of non-standard contracts. You will prepare monthly revenue variance analysis. The coordination of SOX functions across the department will also be an important function of this role.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Manually track deferred revenue, straight-lining of revenue and revenue shares, recording the appropriate entries on a monthly basis.
- Develop new ways to eliminate manual processes surrounding accurate recording of revenue. Participate in automation and simplification projects to decrease cycle time and improve analysis of revenue.
- Generate revenue accounting entries, performing account reconciliations and adjusting entries each month.
- Coordinate with Revenue Manager and Senior Manager to determine revenue recognition of non-standard contracts.
- Generate reports on revenue and AR actuals, as needed for the monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Provide accurate revenue and AR reports for internal and external audit requests.
- Produce quarterly and year-end audit schedules for revenue and AR.
- Research Revenue Recognition concerns and provide basic guidance to involved parties.
- Prepare various revenue analyses as requested.
- Participate in projects with IT and other organizations on revenue recognition matters.
- Assist with the monitoring of SOX controls across the department and provide input regarding updates to current SOX controls.
- Support system processes & revenue recognition procedures.
- Assist with reconciliations & GL postings.
- Assist with the process for the adoption of new accounting standards, as they relate to straight-lining and deferred revenue treatment.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of Oracle Financials.
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- At least five (5) years of experience in revenue recognition, accounts receivable and revenue analysis.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles of the United States (GAAP) and of the accounting implications of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and advanced skill in MS Excel.
- Experience with accounting systems—specific experience with Oracle accounting systems and Business Objects highly preferred.
- Ability to multitask, strong organization and Project Management skills.
- Excellent organization skills, including the ability to consistently meet monthly and quarterly deadlines for important reports and tasks.
- Effective communicator, both written and spoken with strongly developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability and desire to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to exercise sound judgment, professionalism and maturity in dealing with and seeking creative solutions to problems.
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.