Database Administrator & Research Associate
BIA Advisory Services is a B2B firm providing research, analytics, consulting and valuations for traditional and digital media companies. Our leading database delivers thousands of data fields covering the broadcast media and publishing industries and is used by media companies, financial analysts, lawyers and solution providers for its comprehensive, accurate, up-to-the minute information critical to business functions.
The Director of Databases is responsible for creating, delivering and maintaining BIA’s main broadcast and publishing database. The Director is responsible for the smooth and effective operation of the database and its availability 24/7. The Director will also perform custom research with the database, as well as lead the publishing efforts for the company’s quarterly Investing In reports.
This position reports directly to the Chief Economist and Research SVP for all work assignments and administrative activities. The individual is required to handle priorities within time constraints and to assist other staff with database requests and problem resolution when necessary.
The director works with the company’s research team to develop, collect, organize data files and sources, use manual and automated tools to update the database, consolidate multiple data sources, and properly format data for loading into the database.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required for this position.
- Maintain the Company’s leading database and ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Update the database daily, weekly and quarterly according to set schedules.
- Participate in and oversee the collection and entry of reliable, timely and accurate data.
- Collect, manipulate and prepare data for uploading into the Company’s database systems.
- Evaluate, organize, and reconcile data.
- Solve database usage issues and malfunctions and/or work with development team to restore database functions.
- Develop policies and procedures for data entry and management.
- Help develop and maintain procedure manuals for the database.
- Help establish standard operating procedures, reports, exports, and queries to perform custom research projects for both internal and external clients.
- Show proficiency in tracking work assignments, prioritizing assignments from management, provide status updates on activities related to workload.
- Participate quarterly in the publishing of the company’s Investing In publications.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Knowledge about the radio and television industries
- Skillful knowledge of Excel, Access, Word
- Knowledge of databases usage, data setup and design and possibly Visual FoxPro
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Highly skilled in the use of office automation software products, such as word processors and spreadsheets.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work under time constraints.
- Ability to deliver quality custom research projects for clients.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in Computer Sciences or a technical institution with an appropriate degree/certification in a related field
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience in a technology support, help desk, network administration, or any equivalent combination of education and experience. College work and internships equal professional employment.
Apply for Database Administrator & Research Associate
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly