Engineer - Production Support
Quality Systems Applications, Inc.
QSA is a progressive engineering and information technology firm looking to fill an engineering position that supports Navy shipbuilding programs in Washington, D.C.
QSA provides a customer-oriented, friendly working environment; and is looking for an enthusiastic individual to become an integral member of a team that rewards self-motivation, dedication, and high-quality professional work. The successful candidate will join a small, highly productive team with a long-standing record of success.
Engineer II – Mid-Level
U.S. Citizenship Required
Location: Washington, D.C.
Candidate must currently have, or be able to obtain, a security clearance
Candidate responsibilities include the analysis of production, inspection, and testing data, and determination of required corrective action based on manufacturing trends and QA results. The candidate will also lead investigations of issues involving manufacturing processes, assess the adequacy of corrective action, and work with different organizations involved in the solution. The candidate should be capable of working with a team to establish quality requirements for specific procurements. Additional responsibilities include summary presentations on technical topics related to production, inspection, and testing.
- BS degree in an engineering discipline (mechanical, electrical, chemical, or marine)
- 2+ years experience in manufacturing, QA, or shipbuilding
- Understanding of manufacturing, shipbuilding, inspection or testing processes
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expertise with MS Excel; macros a plus
- Strong self-direction and initiative are necessities
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to communicate issues that need to be escalated
- Ability to work independently with Navy customers and contractors
- Ability to create and present concise summary briefings on technical issues
- Strong listening and note-taking abilities
Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.