Associate Deputy Assistant Administrator/Office of Information Systems
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Qualifications include both general management skills and characteristics that are applicable to all SES positions and technical or program responsibilities specific to this position. Applicants must have substantive general experience which provides a good basic or general knowledge of the principles of organization, management, and administration; and substantive specialized (operating administrative or managerial) experience in a type of work or a combination of functions directly related to this position. Applicants must meet the qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Applicants are required to submit a narrative statement for each of the five mandatory Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) and each of the Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQS). Please give a complete and detailed answer for each mandatory qualification. Eligibility for this position will be based upon a clear showing that the applicant has experience of the scope and quality sufficient to effectively carry out assignments of the position. Do not enter "Refer to Resume" to explain your answer. Applications directing the reviewer to search within the application or to "See Resume" are considered incomplete and WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Failure to submit a narrative statement or address all of the ECQs and mandatory MTQs is also considered incomplete and WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs): To receive serious consideration, applicants for this position must demonstrate successful performance and creative leadership in prior managerial position(s). Applicants must demonstrate possession of competencies in the following Executive Core Qualifications (ECQ):
Applicants must submit a statement for each of the below ECQs. Statements shall be limited to a maximum of TWO pages per ECQ.
1. LEADING CHANGE: Demonstrated ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Includes the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. LEADING PEOPLE: Demonstrated ability to lead people toward the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Includes the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. RESULTS-DRIVEN LEADERSHIP: Demonstrated ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Includes the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems and calculating risks.
4. BUSINESS ACUMEN: Demonstrated ability to manage human, financial and information resources strategically.
5. BUILDING COALITIONS/COMMUNICATION: Demonstrated ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofits and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (MTQs):
Applicants must submit a statement for each of below MTQs. Statements shall be limited to a maximum of ONE page per MTQ.
1. Demonstrated experience and expert knowledge of information technology (IT) management and acquisitions, and skill in managing complex IT programs that support an enterprise vision, create improved customer service, and ensure IT program performance in a large, geographically-dispersed organization.
2. Experience in applying knowledge of system development methods, IT operations and cybersecurity to major acquisition programs to achieve the desired outcome of supporting the mission at the best value for the government.
3. Experience in the management, administration, direction, and control of Information Technology programs.
A Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited school is preferred. Only degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from an accredited college, university, school or institution may be used.
Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
Drug testing is required for this position.
All non-DEA applicants must complete a drug use questionnaire. Applicants who are found, through investigation or personal admission, to have experimented with or used narcotics or dangerous drugs, except those medically prescribed, will not be considered for employment with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). Exceptions to this policy may be made for applicants who admit to limited youthful and experimental use of marijuana. Such applicants may be considered for employment if there is no evidence of regular, confirmed usage, and the full-field background investigation and results of other steps in the process are otherwise favorable. Compliance with this policy is an essential requirement of the position.
It is highly suggested that you complete the Drug Questionnaire form when submitting your application package. However, if you do not complete and submit this form with your application package it will not disqualify you from the application process. You will be asked to complete the Drug Questionnaire form before extended a conditional offer. Click the following link to access the Drug Questionnaire. http://www.justice.gov/dea/careers/drug_questionnaire.pdf.
Selective Service: MALE APPLICANTS BORN AFTER 12/31/1959 must certify prior to job offer that they have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under Selective Service law.
EEO Policy Statement: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/EEO_Policy_Statement.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy Statement: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Reasonable_Accommodation_Policy_Statement.
In accordance with 5 CFR 2635.704, applications will not be accepted in postage-paid Government envelopes.
The Drug Enforcement Administration participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-VERIFY - http://www.dhs.gov/E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are basically qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses to Executive Core Qualifications (ECQ's). The questions are designed to capture the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position.
BASIS OF RATING: Candidates will be evaluated on the qualifications identified above based on their total background, i.e., education, training, self-development, awards, outside activities, performance appraisal, as well as work history. Only candidates meeting all of the mandatory technical qualifications will be deemed eligible for further consideration.
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process may be used to verify your stated level of experience and capability. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you. If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.