Senior Field Service Technician, Paumalu Teleport
7 days left
- Full Time
Intelsat is the world's leading provider of satellite services delivering high-performance connectivity solutions for media, fixed and mobile broadband infrastructure, enterprise and government applications.
With a global fleet of approximately 50 satellites and seven owned teleports and terrestrial facilities, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers. Intelsat's business is diversified by service offering, customer group, satellite and geography, which reduces market and operating risk. Customers include some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations.
Intelsat has offices in Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Japan, Kenya, Luxembourg, Russia, Senegal, Singapore, South Africa, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom and the United States.
The company is pioneering transformation across its entire ecosystem and beyond the satellite industry. The satellite industry is at an exciting inflection point. In an era of rapid technology change and dynamic consumer and business-driven demand, Intelsat is pivoting to transform its business to integrate satellite services with new technologies. With the advent of the Internet of Things, connected cars, drones and ubiquitous connectivity on multiple devices, Intelsat is developing ways to integrate satellites into each of these areas. Intelsat has invested in research and product development on sensors for IoT applications, next generation satellite antennas for the connected car, business jets and cruise ships, and communications kiosks to bring connectivity via satellite to remote and rural areas of the world. Intelsat is dedicated to envisioning the future and enabling connectivity everywhere and anywhere on the planet.
Working from our Paumalu Teleport on the northshore of Oahu, the sucessful candidate will perform moderately complex on-site preventative maintenance, routine repair of electronic and electromechanical equipment and products. Ensures system performance of communications equipment delivers the highest standard of service to our customers. Provide technical support at a senior level in a 24x7 shift.
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES ITAR ACCESS - Applicants must be U.S. Citizen, U.S. permanent resident or U.S. Aslyees**
- Must possess a good working knowledge of Satellite Earth Station technologies relating to Teleport Operations. Possess solid understanding and knowledge of RF theory, and basic electronics and antenna drive systems, High Power Amplifiers, Up/Down Converters, Fiber Optic sub-systems.
- Possess basic understanding of Baseband (modems, multiplexers), Broadband and IP technologies and Video technologies/systems. Capable of working on various ground station communications systems, performs replacement of major assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Demonstrates good working knowledge of ancillary plant systems such as HVAC, UPS, electrical switchgear and generating systems.
- Demonstrates good working knowledge of the use of standard test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, frequency counters, power meters, synthesized generators, oscilloscopes, multimeters, bit error rate test sets.
- Ability to determine proper methods of testing equipment and RF/IF systems chains and has the proven ability to interpret results to prove normal/abnormal conditions of equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technical concepts and make informed decisions.
- Fluency in English, spoken and written, is required.
- Must be able to work 24x7 shift-work, including major holidays
- Knowledge of basic PC usage and efficient with Office Suite software.
- Able to lift 50lbs. Able to climb ladders, perform antenna maintenance above 20ft., working outdoors in the elements.
Responsibilities will include -
- Perform moderately complex troubleshooting and quick restoral of services.
- May lead preventative/periodic maintenance checks of ground station equipment and associated sub-systems. Validate recordings, review for any anomalies and take the appropriate action to correct. Determine proper methods of testing equipment and RF/IF systems chains and interprets results to verify normal/abnormal conditions of equipment.
- Play a senior role in providing Level 1 maintenance, which includes troubleshooting/fault isolation, replacement of major assemblies and sub-assemblies as well as performing basic alignment procedures.
- Responsible for emergency restoration of all ground station equipment, as applicable: up converters, down converters, HPA's, IFL fiber optic subsystems, LNA/LNB's, antennas.
- Will support the following equipment as directed by other Operational Centers; IP and Baseband equipment (modems, multiplexers, DVB and Broadband technology platforms) and video systems.
- Pro-actively monitors the conditions of commercial services, including the status of system alarms including station plant and facility subsystems.
- Responds professionally and timely to service requests from Teleport Operations Center (TOC) and Colo-customers as part of Intelsat escalation procedures.
- Possesses the necessary job knowledge to train other technicians on operational and maintenance procedures, as well as technical training of either specific ground station equipment or Intelsat product and services.
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- Please review the job bidding by current employees section in the employee handbook prior to applying for this position, thank you.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.