Remedy Administrator/Remedy Developer
- Full Time
The Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) provides operations support services and business solutions to the community of 10,000 House Members, Officers and staff. The CAO organization comprises more than 600 technical and administrative staff working in a variety of areas, including information technology, finance, budget management, human resources, payroll, child care, food and vending, procurement, logistics and administrative counsel.
The incumbent serves as the Business Process Applications Specialist. The incumbent’s responsibilities include ensuring that the integrated CAO automated systems provide continuous business process improvement through in-depth knowledge of business support applications and their configuration. Provide escalated support in applications, coordination, guidance, and business process recommendations to business unit management regarding programs and/or business-related issues as they relate to the Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) system(s). The incumbent must also develop and maintain general working knowledge of all aspects of the business unit(s) as well as a broad understanding of the Office of the CAO, the House community at-large and all applicable legal requirements.
1. Administer and maintain the BMC Remedy Action Request System, BMC Remedy IT Service Management suite, BMC Remedy Digital Workplace/Smart IT, BMC Remedy Smart Reports, and all custom applications developed. Provide support and troubleshooting of the Remedy system and applications.
2. Develop and maintain business and technical requirements, use case and testing documentation, user and training materials for the BMC Remedy system and applications.
3. Develop and maintain Project Management and Systems Development Life Cycle (PMLC/SDLC) based documentation in accordance with the CAO Project Management Framework and industry best practices.
4. Analyze internal or external customers' needs, and determine solutions to problems by means of automated systems; implement COTS and/or customized solutions to customer/user problems.
5. Gain and maintain agreement from the stakeholders on project definition, success criteria and approach; manage stakeholder expectations while managing the competing demands of time, cost and quality; gains agreement on resource decisions and issue resolution action steps.
6. Embrace and manage change, and provide effective leadership that motivates project team members to incorporate vision, strategic planning, and quality management, process improvement, and creative thinking to deliver cutting-edge technological business solutions.
7. Exercise good judgment in structuring and organizing work and setting priorities; balance the interests of stakeholders and readily readjust priorities to respond to customer demands.
8. Foster high ethical standards in CAO business operations and staff performance; ensure transactions, programs, systems and procedures have adequate internal controls and meet applicable legal requirements and regulations, official House policies and procedures, and applicable accounting principles and standards.
9. Perform other official duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in business or computer-related field, or equivalent work experience. Three years' or more experience administering and maintaining BMC Remedy Action Request System and IT Service Management version 9.x or greater is required. BMC Remedy and Project Management certifications is desired. Experience with Reporting and MS Office tools is desired.
Knowledge and experience of the following is desired:
• Development, requirement specification, change management and quality assurance.
• Foundation in software development principles and techniques
• Excellent communication skills, and have the ability to absorb and manage large quantities of information in a fast paced, stressful environment.
• Ability to work well with others to include reviewing work products and providing technical direction to other staff, as necessary.
Knowledge and experience of the following is highly preferred:
• Implementing and supporting Remedy Incident, Change Management, Service Request, or Knowledge Management.
• Implementing and supporting Remedy Smart Reporting, Smart IT or MyIT (Digital Workplace).