Event Technology Specialist
5 days left
- Full Time
Position Summary: The Event Technology Specialist’s role is to supervise, from beginning to end, the event technology process as it relates to Cadmium systems for both annual and regional conferences. This position is also responsible for related platforms such as apps and registration sites. The Event Technology Specialist works closely with both internal and external partners to ensure efficiency, precision and continued development and success of the association’s event technology processes.
Major Functions and Responsibilities
Strategy and Planning (20%)
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Lead sessions to review and revise system functionality to best meet NAFSA’s specific events requirement.
Documentation and Training (20%)
- Develop and maintain current documentation on all supported systems to support knowledge transfer across the team and the organization.
- Assist team members in formulating and conducting training sessions and teaching materials for propagating enterprise software applications knowledge throughout the organization.
Project Management and Implementation (40%)
- Lead annual systems setup for regional conferences; manage the implementation of new features for the annual conference event technology team.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of event and in-house computing systems.
Vendor Management (20%)
- Convey NAFSA’s strategic and operational needs to the vendors; translate those needs into appropriate scopes of work, timelines, work plans, and budgets.
- Serve as the primary interface between NAFSA staff and vendors on problem identification and resolution.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least two years of experience providing web-based application support with a strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated experience in effectively supporting end users of web-based applications
- Ability to master new systems quickly and to effectively research a wide range of issues when troubleshooting user issues
- Superb interpersonal skills with the ability to assist users of various skill levels and backgrounds on technical systems and procedures.
- Ability to present ideas with technical language in both a user-friendly and business-friendly manner
- Effective team collaborator with excellent oral and written communication skills; at ease leading meetings and trainings.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a focus on building rapport, listening, and problem solving
- Demonstrated experience participating in project-based work structures, working on project teams, and managing tasks and timelines.
- Excellent ability to prioritize and execute tasks under pressure
- CadmiumCD familiarity strongly preferred
- Experience with an association, membership or nonprofit organization
As representatives of a membership organization with a broad and diverse range of activities related to education and training, NAFSA staff possess more than simply specialized capabilities. Each individual is expected to take the initiative to become knowledgeable about the organization as a whole. Association members and other staff expect colleagues to be accessible and responsive, to convey a positive attitude, and to exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
The workday is generally 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The week after Memorial Day to Labor Day, it is 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Friday.
Travel is required occasionally related to job responsibilities, especially for the annual conference or other leadership meetings. Participation in the NAFSA annual conference the week of Memorial Day, including the holiday itself, is a job requirement. The annual conference is held in varying cities.
About NAFSA: Association of International Educators
NAFSA: Association of International Educators is an organization of people dedicated to building a global community and fostering a more peaceful world through advancing international higher education. With approximately 10,000 members, NAFSA is the world’s largest professional development and advocacy organization committed to international learning and creating a more globally engaged, welcoming, and educated United States.
NAFSA believes that international education advances learning and scholarship, fosters understanding and respect among people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives, is essential for developing globally competent individuals, and builds leadership for the global community. We believe that international education lies at the core of an interconnected world characterized by peace, security, and well-being for all.
NAFSA is a workplace that not only appreciates diversity but believes it is our strength, and we strive to create an inclusive culture for all our team members. NAFSA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive, and accessible workplace to all employees. Learn more about NAFSA at www.nafsa.org.