Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
This is an opportunity for:
- An internal or external candidate to fill a GS-13 cadre position.
Current GS employees at the same grade or up to two grades lower than the advertised position grade may apply.
Former members of the Peace Corps may be considered for ODNI employment only if five full years have elapsed since separation from the Peace Corps.
- For a cadre assignment:
- Current ODNI permanent cadre.
- Current ODNI Staff Reserve Employees. (A staff reserve employee who currently occupies this position may not apply.)
- Current Federal Government employees. (Current GS employees at the same grade or up to two grades lower than the advertised position grade may apply. )
- Candidates outside the Federal Government.
- Paralegal certification and/or 2 years' experience.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of substantive and procedural law as well as legal research processes, legal terminology, legal standards and documentation.
- Knowledge of document control procedures, security measures, and privacy rules in order to mitigate the potential release of any investigative information that would endanger or compromise pending cases.
- Knowledge of moderately complex litigation processes and court proceedings as well as strong listening and oral comprehension skills to determine relevance of points of discussion and to clarify ambiguities.
- Thorough written communication skills sufficient to draft basic and complex documents comprehensively and in the correct style and format; ability to edit own work and write in a clear and concise manner, and strong oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform moderately complex legal review, investigative, research, and analysis work, as well as the ability to organize and maintain the assembly and filing of legal documents for moderately complex cases within established deadlines.
- Problem-solving skills sufficient to make clear cut decisions regarding moderately complex matters in a timely manner; considerable legal research skills using law libraries, the internet, and computer-based tools such as Westlaw and PACER.
- Ability to work in an independent manner under appropriate attorney supervision and as a contributing member of a work group; ability to work with a diverse group of team members or clients and give and receive constructive feedback.
The ODNI is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: The ODNI provides reasonable accommodations to otherwise qualified applicants with disabilities. IF YOU NEED A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Intelligence Community Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Office Representative by classified email at DNI-EEOD-RA-ACF@exchange.cia.ic.gov, by unclassified email at DNI-EEOD@dni.gov, by telephone at 703-874-8360, by TTY at 703-874-8554, or by FAX at 703-874-8651. Your request for reasonable accommodation will be addressed on a case-by-case basis. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TO THE EEOD EMAIL ADDRESS. THIS EMAIL IS FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY. PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION VIA THE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED IN THE 'HOW TO APPLY' SECTION BELOW.
JOB INTERVIEW TRAVEL: Candidates from outside the Washington, D.C., area may be selected for a telephone, teleconference, or in-person interview.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants are encouraged to carefully review the position description and then construct their resumes to highlight their most relevant and significant experience and education for this job opportunity. The description should include examples that detail the level and complexity of the work performed. The best qualified applicants will be further evaluated through an interview process.Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI Drug test required No