Heavy Mobile Equipment Repairer
Occasional travel - The business travel requirement is 10%.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Who May Apply: US Citizens
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of a(n) Heavy Mobile Equipment Repairer~ without more than normal supervision. Applicants must meet the screen out element to be considered further. To meet the screen out element, applicants should document experience or show the ability to do the following: troubleshoot, maintain and repair heavy mobile equipment to include performance of preventative maintenance checks and services; repair, replace, install, or make adjustments to mobile equipment components and parts; and conduct various operational tests to perform final inspection. Failure to meet this Screen out Element will result in an ineligible rating. Failure to meet this Screen out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
- Ability To Do The Work Of The position Without More Than Normal Supervision
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes blueprint reading)
- Ability To Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
- Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc.
- Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
- Trouble Shooting
- Use of Measuring Instruments
Physical effort: Work requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, stretching, climbing, and crouching. Works on top of, under, or in tight compartments of equipment in cramped and awkward positions. Frequently lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 pounds and often exerts similar effort in pushing, pulling, and positioning part assemblies and equipment. Occasionally lifts heavier items with the assistance of other workers or with lifting devices such as jacks, hoists, and cranes. Work is sometimes performed from ladders or work platforms at varying heights.
Working Conditions: Work is performed inside and occasionally outside. The employee must frequently stand on hard surfaces for long periods of time. Employee may be exposed to drafts, dirt, grease, oils, and vehicle exhaust fumes. Subject to burns, cuts, scrapes, bruises, and strains.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 17 position.
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary is based on the local prevailing rate at each location.
- Initial cut-off date is 30 Nov-2018, with cut-offs every 2-weeks following, and closing of the register on 31-Dec-2018.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
POSITION IS ANNOUNCED AS A STANDING REGISTER (OPEN CONTINUOUS RECRUITMENT): First cutoff date to evaluate candidates will be November 30, 2018 at 11:59 PM. Application packages received after this date will be evaluated at a future cutoff date (cutoffs will be every 2 weeks thereafter with final register on December 31,2018). Application packages must be complete at the time referral certificates are issued.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.