5 days left
- Full Time
ARES Engineering is seeking Structural Engineers for FULL TIME structural engineering design positions. Responsibilities will include design and fieldwork for both new and existing structures for Commercial and Federal Government clients. The work will involve development of structural construction documents, performing field surveys/inspections, and coordination with multiple other design disciplines for steel, concrete, precast concrete, CFMF, masonry, and wood structures.
- PE License (VA, DC, and/or MD).
- Professional services firm experience.
- Good judgement in the application of structural engineering principles.
- Familiarity with current design codes/standards: IBC, ASCE 7, ACI-318, AISC Design Manual, AISI S200.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to thoroughly and accurately complete design calculations for the design of new industrial, commercial, federal, and residential projects as well as the renovation of existing structures.
- Ability to formulate new and different approaches to challenges and problems encountered.
- Ability to clearly summarize observations, conclusions and work requirements in both text and drawings.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as be part of a collaborative team.
- Construction Administration and Special Inspections for new construction and renovation projects.
- Experience with current industry design software: Enercalc, ETABS, SAFE, Woodworks, LGbeamer, Simpson CFS, Bluebeam Revu.
- Proficiency with CAD software: Vectorworks, ArchiCAD, AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Working knowledge of Apple/MAC systems.
Apply for Structural Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly