Rochambeau, The French International School, located in Bethesda, MD, seeks a fulltime licensed School Registered Nurse (RN) to provide professional nursing services to middle and high school students to strengthen the educational process thereby improving and protecting the health status of students.
The RN provides expertise and oversight in the prevention of illness and early detection and correction of health problems; and is uniquely qualified in preventive health, health assessment, referral procedures, crisis intervention, school health electronic record data management, and emergency preparedness. Provide nursing assessment and attend to injuries and illnesses. Dispense medication as necessary and as prescribed. Collaborate with other school nurse and staff. Maintain student health records in accordance with the Health Department of Maryland and SNAP. Maintain a clean and safe health office/room. Disseminate health information to parents as appropriate and necessary. Share and/or disseminate health information as needed to administration, faculty, staff and students. Coordinate care plans and special accommodations for students. Maintain confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- RN currently licensed and in good standing in the state of Maryland.
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language. Bilingual in French desired. Current Health Certificate (if applicable).
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience.
- Experience in school nursing preferred.
- Current BLS card.
- Successful completion of background screening.
- Computer literacy and competency in use of existing technology preferred.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, parents, supervisors and administrators.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org