Senior Manager of DIY Fundraising
The Alliance is seeking a talented and hardworking individual to lead our fundraising efforts as the Senior Manager of DIY Fundraising in the Development Department at the Colorectal Cancer Alliance.
The Colorectal Cancer Alliance is a national organization committed to ending colorectal cancer within our lifetime. We help patients and families, survivors and caregivers, navigate their diagnosis and treatment, connecting them with those who can share experiences and knowledge, address concerns, and identify resources to meet their needs. We partner with healthcare professionals and social influencers to raise awareness of preventative screening, and we collaborate with researchers to better understand the disease and fund critical research. Our efforts are urgent, effective and efficient because we believe that tomorrow can’t wait.
The Senior Manager of DIY Fundraising is responsible for leading the strategy for DIY fundraising and growing revenue associated with these fundraising activities. The Senior Manager of DIY Fundraising is a critical member of the Individual Giving Team and Development Department and directly contributes to the effort to achieve ambitious fundraising goals.
- Manage and grow a portfolio of DIY fundraisers.
- Provide logistical, fundraising and strategic support to the organizers of DIY fundraisers in their quest to give back to the Alliance through their respective fundraisers.
- Develop, in conjunction with the Director of Individual Giving, a strategy to expand DIY fundraising and create a sustainable and scalable fundraising program.
- Maintain the databases of DIY fundraisers including, but not limited to, up-to-date contact information, logistical details, revenue results and recognition efforts.
- Properly steward all DIY fundraising organizers in an effort to deepen their commitment to the Alliance and affinity for future fundraising.
- Develop and publish toolkits for the various types of DIY fundraisers -- athletic, birthday/anniversary, church/school/community.
- Work in collaboration with the Alliance’s Marketing & Communications Department to create a marketing strategy for the DIY fundraising program and celebrate the success of its participants.
- Work in collaboration with the Alliance’s Information Technology Department to ensure the online fundraising platform is properly meeting the needs of DIY fundraisers.
- Provide strategic leadership regarding how DIY fundraising can enhance the Alliance’s overall Peer-to-Peer fundraising portfolio and the continued evolution of the Peer-2-Peer model and associated revenue.
- Persuasively convey the Colorectal Cancer Alliance vision, mission and story.
- Provide leadership to create a culture of philanthropy throughout the entire organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees of the organization are expected to fulfill the following:
- Gain a general understanding of colorectal cancer research, prevention and treatment; be an advocate for the Colorectal Cancer Alliance and its mission.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, constituents, Medical professionals, and vendors.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of five years of progressive development experience including DIY fundraising and/or individual giving and/or volunteer-led fundraising event management.
- Experience with relationship building and individual donor stewardship.
- Demonstrated experience with creating and implementing fundraising plans and identifying, cultivating and securing new funding opportunities.
- Strong writing and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Proficient project management skills and the ability to manage overlapping projects and deadlines.
- Driven to succeed and enjoy working in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment with a proven ability to work independently, exercise professional judgement and discretion.
- Team oriented, flexible, creative, positive, personable, and eager to learn.
Some travel is required for this position based on the needs of the Alliance.
Director of Individual Giving
How to apply
To apply please send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume. Applications missing any of these three items will not be considered.