Occasional travel - maybe required to attend job related events, training, and/or conferences.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 4 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-09 base salary range starts at $56,233.00 GS-11 base salary range starts at $68,036.00 GS-12 base salary range starts at $81,548.00 per year.
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, at the GS-09, you must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07.Specialized experience is experience in budget, presentation, and execution that included the application of budgeting and financial management laws, regulations, policies, precedents, and methods to formulate, justify and monitor budget activities; and the analysis and evaluation of financial and budgetary relationships to develop recommendations for budgetary actions.
-OR- Possess a Master's or equivalent level degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, if related, or an LL.B. or JD. OR- Combination of Education (Transcripts Required) & Specialized Experience: Applicants must have a combination of graduate level education (beyond the Bachelor's Degree) and specialized experience (as described above) that together meet the qualification requirements of this position.
To qualify at the GS-11, you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 level. Specialized experience is experience in budget, presentation, and execution that included the application of leasing, budgeting, and financial management laws, regulations, policies, precedents, and methods to formulate, justify and monitor budget activities; and the analysis and evaluation of financial and budgetary relationships to develop recommendations for budgetary actions. -OR-possess a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree OR have completed three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related.
To qualify at the GS-12 you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level. Specialized experience is experience in budget, presentation, execution and analyzing B/A 53 applicable to the Office of Portfolio Management and Real Estate program areas. Such experience must include the application of budgeting and financial management laws, regulations, policies, precedents, and methods to formulate, justify and monitor budget activities; and the analysis and evaluation of financial and budgetary relationships to develop recommendations for budgetary actions. Conduct audits that required the analysis of complex accounting systems; and the application of analytical and evaluative methods in or to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of program operations or functions.
Note: If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Bargaining Unit status: Not Applicable
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Travel expenses associated with interviews maybeapproved. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
On a case-by-case basis, the following incentives may be approved:
- Recruitment incentive if you are new to the federal government
- Relocation incentive if you are a current federal employee
- Credit toward vacation leave if you are new to the federal government.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here’s how it will work:
- You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of Federal and Agency budgetary methods, practices, procedures, regulations and other guides, in order to perform routine continuing assignments in the areas of budget formulation, presentation, and execution.
- Ability to extract, review, and analyze financial information such as monthly expense statements, budget requests, cost estimates in order to prepare reports and analyses.
- Skill in categorizing and analyzing quantitative data in order to analyze budgetary and accounting activities.
- Skill in the identification, analysis, and resolution of a range of budgetary problems to develop alternative solutions involving the resolution of conflicting goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of accounting systems in order to locate and analyze data and prepare reports for substantive programs.
- Ability to provide direction and guidance to assure timely and accurate results from subordinate activities, which includes recommending modifications, changes, options or alternatives.
- Skill to exercise independent judgment to ensure that work requests, assignments and projects are carried out and accomplished, using a wide range of coordinative, coaching, and planning techniques.
- Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified [If the use of 4 categories is justified, adjust verbiage].
- We will verify your answers to the questions in your resume. If your resume doesn’t support your answers, we may lower your score, which could place you in a lower category.
- Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No