Cook (CYS) NA-08
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Condition of Employment
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).
2. Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 4 hours initial food sanitation and safety training is required within 30 days of employment and a minimum of 4 hours refresher training annually.
3. Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-15.m., and a Child Care Tier 1 background investigation is required.
4. Schedules may include working irregular hours, evenings, and/or weekends. Duties involve working both indoors and outdoors.
5. Upon appointment to a NAF position, you will be required to show your Social Security card.
6. Direct Deposit is required
7. Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
8. A one year probationary period may be required
9. Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
10. Must have current health assessment which documents good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease, and immunizations IAW current Army and DoD policy including annual influenza vaccinations.
11. Travel to on and off post locations may be required.
12. Successful completion of training requirements and demonstrated on the job competency is required.
13. The ability to obtain (within first six months of employment) and maintain a Food Protection Manager Certification acquired through an American National Standards Institute (ANSI) accredited agency is required.
14. Work is performed in well-lighted and ventilated kitchen areas that may often be hot and noisy. May be exposed to steam, fumes, and odors from cooking, and to extreme temperature changes when entering refrigeration or freezing units.
1.Must have experience demonstrating knowledge of a full range of food preparation techniques, without more than normal supervision
2.Must have experience using a variety of commercial food service tools and equipment to include cleaning and sanitation practices.
3.Be able to communicate (verbal and written) in English.
4.Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs. on a routine basis.
No Education Requirements
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:30 pm on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)