EMERGENCY SERVICES ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR
Arlington County's Department of Human Services (DHS) is hiring an experienced Mental Health Therapist for Emergency Services (ES), a critical program in the Client Services Entry (CSE) Bureau of the Behavioral Healthcare Division. This employee will support and share clinical and administrative functions as well as supervision of the ES program. This Emergency Services Assistant Supervisor will be responsible for several critical functions within the CSE Bureau as part of a team of clinicians who provide assessment, crisis intervention and stabilization, and hospital diversion to adults and children with imminent behavioral health crises. DHS is a recovery-oriented, trauma-informed, dynamic behavioral healthcare agency.
To learn more about the Department of Human Services, please click here.
Duties of this position include:
- Works closely with the ES Supervisor to provide clinical and administrative supervision to the staff;
- Provides on-call supervision on nights/weekends/holidays in rotation with the ES Supervisor;
- Assists with triage and staffing of challenging cases which may include troubleshooting with law enforcement and the police liaison to ES;
- Performs direct client services a minimum of 50% of the time as a member of the ES team;
- Assists the ES Supervisor with monitoring the budget, managing the monthly schedules, participating in the hiring process, on-boarding of new ES therapists, quality assurance, and data collection;
- Manages ES initiatives (Mandatory Outpatient Treatment and Private Bed Purchase); and
- Ensures high quality and timely documentation in an electronic record management system by staff.
Arlington County DHS is committed to delivering client services in an effective, equitable, respectful, and trauma-informed manner. Our staff is dedicated to ensuring our clients are approached, engaged and cared for in ways that demonstrate competency, sensitivity and awareness of factors which impact the client experience including but not limited to: cultural identity, gender, racial, and ethnic diversity, religious/spiritual ascription, physical capability, cognitive and literacy levels, sexual orientation, and linguistic needs. Selection Criteria
- Master's degree; MSW, a clinical degree in counseling from a program accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Education al Programs (CACREP), M.S. in Rehab from a CACREP accredited program, licensed Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, licensed Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist, PHD or PSYD. Education must include a clinical practicum involving diagnostic and treatment application of diagnostic and treatment services;
- A minimum of three years of post-master's experience providing clinical therapy and other services, to include one year minimum working with seriously mentally ill individuals in crisis; and
- Clinical license (LPC, LCSW, LCP, LMFT) in the State of Virginia is preferred.
Desirables: Preference may be given to candidates with one or more of the following:
- Supervisory experience in a mental health system;
- Management experience with programs providing services to individuals experiencing a behavioral health emergency;
- Experience working with clients with co-occurring substance use disorders;
- Prescreen certified; and/or
- Experience in working with criminal justice partners (particularly law enforcement, correctional officers and court staff).
Incumbent must obtain prescreen certification within 60 days of start date.
Applicant must possess, or obtain by the time of appointment, a valid motor vehicle operator's license from the applicant's place of residence or the applicant must have the ability and willingness to use alternative methods of transportation to perform assigned duties and responsibilities at locations other than the primary worksite. If the applicant possesses or acquires a license, the applicant must provide or authorize Arlington County to obtain a copy of the applicant's official state/district driving record. Any offer of employment may be contingent on a favorable review of the applicant's driving record.
Must complete pre-hire federal background check and State of Virginia Central Registry check.
Work Hours: This position is scheduled to work Sunday - Thursday from 10:00 p.m. -6:00 a.m. and will receive shift differential.
In addition, this position is required to work on-call supervisor shifts on a rotating basis and may be required to work beyond scheduled hours as needed.
Your responses are required and give us additional specific information that we require to evaluate your qualifications for this position. These responses are considered part of the selection process. Please do not give "see resume" as a response to the questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.