Senior IT Security Analyst
4 days left
- Full Time
Senior IT Security Analyst
Legislative Computer Systems
Office of the Clerk
U.S. House of Representatives
Starting Salary: $97,418 – $126,183
Closing Date: Dec 10, 2018
Proposed Starting Date: Immediate
Job Summary: The Office of the Clerk is seeking an experienced Senior Information Technology Security Analyst to join the Information Technology division that is dedicated to developing and managing systems critical to legislative operations at the U.S. House of Representatives. The candidate will implement and provide knowledge in the development and application of information security tools, policies, and procedures in support of securing Clerk’s IT infrastructure. The candidate will conduct technical security compliance audits and risk assessments of software systems, including databases and web-enabled applications, to ensure security requirements are met prior to and after implementation. The security analyst will support continuous monitoring of systems and computer networks to identify and track malicious activities and events. Additionally, this role may require systems administration and technical duties relating to information security initiatives. The analyst will provide technical assistance to software developers and network operations teams to mitigate security vulnerabilities and incidents. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Major Duties (may include a variety of these duties, but are not limited to the following):
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data.
- Participates in the development of technical security standards to support policies including monitoring standards and incident investigation procedures.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning of devices.
- Monitor, triage, and mitigate attempted data and system access violations using system-produced reports and investigates data security violations.
- Conducts in-depth technical security reviews and risk assessments of software systems during all phases of the system development life cycle and provides recommendations for improvements.
- Provides guidance to system owners in the development and technical review of system security plans which document all technical and procedural security features of a system.
- Reviews and audits security logs on all platforms to ensure network and data integrity. Analyzes this information for actual or potential weaknesses, making recommendations to management.
- Tests new systems, upgrades, and programs to independently verify that security features are functioning as intended.
- Performs systems audit/administration work to ensure all systems are properly configured and operating at the latest patch levels.
- Participates in the development of maintenance schedules and policies to maintain the optimal operation and security of the systems.
- Monitors the selection, installation, testing, and operation of information security software programs to ensure such programs meet defined system security needs.
- Responds to security-related requests or inquiries from internal stakeholders including House INFOSEC.
- Works with executive management to determine acceptable levels of risk for the enterprise.
- Performs other official duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience with various platform architectures including server, desktop, mobile, Linux, and Windows. Demonstrated ability to identify and mitigate application-level vulnerabilities
- Demonstrated experience executing security compliance scans for network operating systems, web, security appliances, and associated databases.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing the data produced by a variety of security tools.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and implementing information security policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with elected officials, senior staff, information systems professionals, and technical and non-technical users.
- Ability to comprehend and integrate complex computer technology and software into an effective information systems security program.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, users, contractors, and vendors.
- One or more of the following preferred: CISSP, GIAC, EnCE, CCE, CEH, CISA, CISM.
- Experience with SQL queries, familiarity with one or more database platforms (i.e., SQL Server, Oracle DB, Mongo DB, etc.) considered a plus.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, and equivalent work experience is preferred.
Contact: No telephone inquiries please. Interested individuals may fax, mail, or email a cover letter and resume to:
The Office of the Clerk
Legislative Computer Systems
Attn: Mr. Scott Kim
2401 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, D. C. 20515
Hiring for this position is governed by the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act. Applicants seeking veterans’ preference consideration should email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactorily completing a criminal history records check. Employment with the U.S. House of Representatives is at-will. EOE.
Apply for Senior IT Security Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly