Full time; reports to Prepress Manager
The Prepress Operator reviews customer-supplied files to evaluate their print readiness, then identifies and communicates potential production issues to the Customer Service Representative (CSR). The operator works with Prepress personnel and CSRs as necessary to resolve file problems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Read job instructions and Preflight reports to determine if supplied print files conform to company specifications
- Identify potential print problems
- Communicate preflight warnings and errors to CSR
- Perform basic troubleshooting steps
- Make minor file adjustments
- Maintain good relations with other departments and customers
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Able to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Working knowledge of Acrobat Pro and PitStop
- Familiar with standard desktop Publishing software—Photoshop, InDesign—and font management
- Experience with imposition software a plus
- Ideal candidate will be familiar with digital printing and book production and work well in a fast-paced environment.
Follow other job-related instructions and duties as requested by department manager. Interested candidates should respond with resume and contact information.