General Administration Supervisor I/Coordinator I
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Administrative Assistant, Office of the President
The Office of the President invites applicants for an experienced Administrative Assistant to support the day-to-day operations of the office, providing administrative support in a variety of areas, professionally representing the Presidentâ€™s Office, and working in a team-oriented atmosphere supporting an array of office functions and performing efficiently in an active, priority-changing environment. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as an Administrative Assistant on the presidentâ€™s office team providing day-to-day organizational support in a variety of areas. Support includes overall office administration/management, participation in special projects, presidential events, general scheduling and assistance, and cross-training of office processes and procedures. Front office support includes providing assistance and/or directing callers as appropriate, addressing requests/issues with professional efficiency; greet/direct visitors; sort, electronically log, distribute and track outgoing mail and/or items for signature; track and order supplies; prepare and track work orders; maintain photocopier; manage VIP parking calendar; and update electronic and hard copy lists and rosters.
- Responsible for the completion and follow through of all travel (domestic and international) for members of the Presidentâ€™s Office team, including travel planning, submitting requests, following necessary guidelines for state and international travel, and following through on necessary reimbursements and paperwork.
- Manage all budgets in the Office of the President to include those associated with the Board of Visitors, general office and operations. Perform monthly reconciliation of all budgets. Complete necessary purchase requisitions.
- Serve as additional administrative support for the Board of Visitors processes, including assisting with meeting coordination, committee sessions and/or special events along with familiarity with use of the BoardEffect portal.
- Work collaboratively managing front office area of the presidentâ€™s suite maintaining office supplies, materials, updated reading/reference materials and displaying initiative where necessary to provide overall effective operation. Serve as additional support for activities related to Presidentâ€™s Office initiatives, activities, meetings and/or back-up scheduling. Participate in open communication with other members of the Presidentâ€™s Office team. In addition, assist with onboarding of new team members and/or provide administrative support to the Presidential and/or ACE Fellow, Presidential Communications Manager and GRA. Required Qualifications:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- High-level computer skills with Microsoft programs (Word, Excel and Power Point), electronic calendaring, email, travel, web and budget software and social media.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; effectively communicate verbally and in writing using tact, diplomacy and confidentiality in a highly visible office.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required; a four-year degree or equivalent is strongly preferred. Preferred Qualifications:
- Preference will be given to applicants with prior administrative office experience; and experience in a higher education or university setting is further desired. Strong working knowledge of university procedures, programs and policies is beneficial.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :