Sales Director, News Service & Syndicate
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
The Washington Post is hiring a Sales Director, News Service & Syndicate, who will report to the General Manager / Editorial Director of the Post's News Service & Syndicate. The Sales Director will lead the News Service & Syndicate's Sales Team and cultivate partnerships with other publishers around the globe for the placement of our award-winning journalism -- including editorial content from The Washington Post, high-profile syndicated columns, comic strips and editorial cartoons.
The Sales Director, News Service & Syndicate, will be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with key publisher partners and working with them to maximize the value of our high-quality content. The ideal candidate is driven and self-motivated, a leader that likes to build and shape organizations, has a passion and penchant for top-flight journalism across all forms of publication, is acquainted with emerging news-media technology, is an accomplished negotiator, and displays excellent communication skills and ease with explaining complex topics clearly and concisely.
- Sales and sales management of editorial content and syndicated features.
- Cross-platform selling to drive revenue growth and bring in new opportunities -- from both traditional media publishers and non-media companies. Exceed budget goals.
- Manage, nurture and optimize existing client relationships and foster new ones. Host visiting clients, and travel occasionally to visit key partners and prospects. Act as an ambassador at key industry events.
- Manage all aspects of the sales communication and negotiation process.
- Mentor the sales team. Provide guidance and support for the Global and Domestic Sales Representatives to further account development. Work collaboratively to assign customer-specific tasks and outreach to further penetrate account base.
- Lead the professional development and day-to-day operations of the News Service & Syndicate sales team.
- Contribute to strategy and improvements for our News Service & Syndicate operations.
- Recognized analytical leadership and mentoring
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study
- Significant experience (10 years+) in a highly structured account management/sales role with customers in industries such as news services and news syndication.
- Solid track record of developing business relationships with senior executives
- Previous experience managing high-performing teams
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Superior experience with negotiation
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with emerging news-media technology