Windows Systems Administrator
Hands-on technical systems administrator. Pro-actively administers broadcast servers and applications. Primary focus is on day-to-day operational support issues and administrative tasks related to Microsoft Windows servers, domain, desktops, and third-party applications. Effectively supports all broadcast operations. Follows all IT policies and procedures. After normal business hours response is part of this position.
- Ensures seamless 24 by 7 operations for Microsoft Windows servers, application servers and the engineering domain, databases, desktops, and third-party applications. Maximizes systems availability and minimizes outages by proactive administration and responding quickly and effectively to all potential issues and outages.
- Responds to and resolves broadcast audio and video quality issues utilizing hardware and software diagnostic tools.
- Maintains a strong understanding of detailed signal flow through the technical facility for all audio and video signals as well as local and wide area data networks.
- Participates in the formulation and implementation of all business continuity and disaster recovery planning and testing; updates business continuity and disaster recovery plans and procedures as required ensuring efficient recovery strategies are in place and work; executes business continuity and disaster recovery plans as required.
- Ensures optimum hardware and software system performance. Proactively responds to growing processing or storage requirements. Proactively reports and responds to software releases, version updates, hot fixes and issues and firmware updates.
- Ensures day-to-day server, desktop, and application administrative tasks are documented, executed in a timely manner, and are successful. Monitors service requests, customer satisfaction, virus protection updates, security updates, hardware and software warranties, log files, licenses, and inventories.
- Resolves quickly all operational issues, identifies root causes, researches and tests solutions, and documents and communicates all findings.
- Evaluates and integrates software products and functionality that increases overall broadcast (audio and video) capabilities or automates tasks previously performed manually.
- Coordinates with other team members and departments as necessary.
- Effectively deploys resources.
- Maintains hardware and software inventories. (Including consumables)
- Identifies best products, practices, makes recommendations, and coordinates as required with vendors.
- Performs other duties and projects as required.
- Technical degree (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Information Systems) desired.
- Technical certifications desired.
- Networking experience desired.
- Experience with imaging software, Adobe, video servers and routers and virus protection packages required.
- Experience with encoding software and appliances required.
- Social Media (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter) delivery required.
- Experience with Dalet, SGL, Harmonic systems desired.
- PowerShell programming experience desired.
- Hands-on hardware (PC, Server, network cabling) experience required.
- Minimum three years hands on Microsoft Windows Server administration experience (in depth knowledge of Active Directory and Security) required.
- Excellent trouble-shooting experience (hardware, software, TCP/IP, applications, OS) required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs, remain standing for long periods of time, and work in confined spaces.
Apply for Windows Systems Administrator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly