SPECIAL EDUCATION ELA TEACHER FOR HIGH SCHOOL
We are currently seeking a Special Education ELA Teacher for High School for 2018 – 2019 school year to work with and teach upper school students to prepare them for success in a college preparatory upper school program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate in a strong team environment to:
- Provide for an engaging upper school learning environment conducive to student success
- Promote and support a upper program with promotion based upon standards mastery
- Communicate knowledge in an interesting, stimulating, and effective manner, using a variety of instructional methodologies, curriculum resources, and materials
- Examine student assessment data to inform decision making and to guide and improve instruction
- Promote high levels of learning in an engaging and effective manner, using a variety of instructional methodologies, curriculum resources, and materials
- Integrate literacy strategies into the instructional framework
- Differentiate instruction to reach all learners
- Plan, organize, and deliver appropriate lessons for assigned area(s) of responsibility, and submit lesson plans to the Director of Student Support Services on an as requested basis
- Establish and maintain a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning
- Collaborate with fellow teachers on planning, professional development, and standards-based curriculum and common assessment design to contribute to the continuous improvement of instruction at the school
- Assess students’ learning in a professional manner and communicate students’ progress to parents and fellow teachers to facilitate future instruction.
- Identify special needs of students and seek additional support, as needed
- Maintain and submit necessary records, progress reports, and grade reports
- Participate in faculty meetings, workshops, staff development programs, and other school sponsored activities
- Participate in summer programming including direct service to incoming and returning SEED youth and curriculum work with colleagues
- Assist in general building supervision and discipline of students outside of the classroom
- Adhere to the professional and ethical standards as outlined in the SEED PCS Staff Manual
• Bachelors’ degree in related field, preferably in Education;
• Master’s in related field and/or prior teaching experience highly desired.
• Must be highly qualified in both ELA and special education;
• Praxis II passing score required in the content area preferred;
If you are interested in joining The SEED Public Charter School of Washington, D.C., we would like to hear from you. To be considered, you must forward a complete package consisting of the following:
1. Letter of Interest
3. Salary History
4. Proof of Passing Praxis II Test in the specific content area (Special Education – ELA)
5. Proof of degree conferred and/or transcript
The SEED Public Charter School of Washington, D.C. is committed to the letter and spirit of equality. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national and ethnic origin in hiring and employment, nor in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship, and other programs.
Positions are open until filled