The SEED Public Charter School of Washington, D.C. (SEED DC) is the nation’s first college-preparatory, public boarding school. Our mission is to provide an outstanding, intensive educational program that prepares children, both academically and socially, for success in college and beyond.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Intern to provide administrative support to our dynamic HR Team with all of our HR initiatives including recruiting, onboarding, benefits management, and day-to-day assistance, ensuring overall accordance with the SEED School’s Mission and Core Values. The HR Intern will directly support the Human Resources Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare orientation packages and participating in orientation process
• Prepare training materials, slides and handouts
• Verify employment for current and former employees
• Conduct reference and background checks for prospective employees
• Post positions to appropriate websites
• Investigate benefits issues
• Create New Employee files
• Maintain existing personnel records and term files as needed
• Research and help to implement best practices for in-house HRIS; entering data as appropriate
• Hands-on experience in payroll processing/record keeping
• Manage the HR team email inbox, routing and responding messages as appropriate
• Provide administrative, research and logistical support for other team projects as needed
• Other tasks as assigned
• Working toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree focused on Human Resources, HR Management, Organizational Development or similar
• Knowledge of general office procedures
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of employee data
• Organized, neat, and conscientious with meticulous attention to detail
• Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
• Effective time management and prioritization skills
• Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ability to work independently, while contributing to an overall team effort
• Strong organizational and writing skills
• Ability to multi-task and collaborate effectively with a team
• Must be self-motivated and able to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• We are looking for an intern that will commit to at least 10-25 hours per week
• This internship is unpaid
This internship is a great opportunity to work in a dynamic environment on a historically significant campus and to learn HR best practices and innovation.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org noting "2018 HR Internship" in the subject line. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
The SEED Public Charter School of Washington, D.C. is committed to the letter and spirit of equality. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national and ethnic origin in hiring and employment, nor in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship, and other programs.