Principal of Lower School, K-4
Beth Tfiloh Dahan Community School (Beth Tfiloh) is a Jewish, co-educational college preparatory school; its purpose is to educate Jewish students from preschool through high school. The student body is diverse, including families with varying religious, economic, cultural, and social backgrounds. Beth Tfiloh is recognized as one of the top college preparatory Jewish day schools in the country. The 20-acre campus is located in a suburb of Baltimore, Maryland enrolling approximately 950 students annually. .
Lower School enrollment is approximately 220 students with 40 faculty. The Lower School program is flexible to meet each child’s needs with careful attention to social and emotional learning. General Studies offers Reading/Language Arts, Math, Social Studies, Science, Technology/Engineering, Art, Music, to name a few.
The ideal candidate for the next Lower School Principal for the General Studies program has the following qualifications:
- 8-10 years teaching with leadership/supervisory experience in an independent elementary school environment. Secular candidates welcomed.
- A broadminded professional able to relate to families of diverse backgrounds
- A collaborative presence, able to supervise teachers, department heads, counselors and support personnel
- Ability to hire and evaluate teachers; able to delegate duties and responsibilities
- Skilled in developing, implementing and evaluating programs
- Strong parent and community relations
Applications will be reviewed as received with interviews on-going. Preference will be given to candidates who present application materials prior to December 14, 2018. Application materials should be emailed to: Dr. Jane R. Snider.