Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Neighborhood Health is northern Virginia’s first Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), providing high quality primary care, dental care, behavioral health, and enabling services to over 20,000 patients across nine clinical sites in the City of Alexandria, Fairfax County, and Arlington County.
The statements in the job description are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, as other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP) provides care by evaluating and treating patients presenting with psychiatric illness, and providing consultation to primary care physicians. The PNP serves an integral role in the development and implementations of the Behavioral and Primary Health Care Integration (BHI) program. The PNP will assist with the diagnosis of mental health and substance abuse problems. The PNP will provide medication management and treatment for patients with mental health conditions. As a part of the BHI team, the PNP will also be actively engaged with other BHI team members, including medical providers, behavioral health counselors, and family support workers. The PNP is a vital part of the BHI team and practices collaboratively with primary care providers in an effort to improve quality of life for patients and their families, increase patient satisfaction, reduce barriers to care and engage community resources as needed.
- Current VA state license as a Nurse Practitioner
- Eligible for state Controlled Substance License II through V
- Eligible for Federal DEA Certificate II through V
- This position requires verifiable current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR certification. An original card must be verified prior to start date or the job offer will be withdrawn.
- Other certification as required (e.g. Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP))
- At least two (2) years demonstrated post-graduate work experience treating psychiatric patients.
- Applicable certification from a recognized certifying organization such as American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Master's degree or higher
- Travel requirements: Travel between different clinical sites will be requited.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.