Manager, Customer Solutions Engineering Europe & Middle East
Your role in helping us shape the future:
You will manage the regional Customer Solutions Engineering (CSE) Europe & Middle East function that provides communications engineering expertise to pre- and post-sales consultations with customers, sales associates and operations staff. You will lead this CSE team in identifying customer needs, designing technical and operational solutions for those needs and managing the technical relationship with customers for the entire life cycle of service. You will provide leadership and direction to this regional team of engineers, ensuring development of a customer-focused culture and adherence to all applicable processes, policies and standards. Also, serving as the local technical expert in customer interactions as necessary.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Manage the regional CSE function, ensuring adequate staffing to support regional needs, proper training of staff on operational processes, policies, standards, technologies and tools, and appropriate allocation of technical staff to support customers.
- Assist Sales leadership as necessary in setting priorities and developing strategic plans for customer support in the region.
- Serve as the leading sales engineering presence in a region, coordinating technical support efforts to key customers.
- Provide expert-level guidance, coaching and mentoring to regional customer solutions engineering staff.
- Serve as technical lead for communication network solutions of the highest complexity, including ground and space components for both standard and non-standard offerings.
- Prepare Link Budget Analysis as necessary to demonstrate satisfaction of customer requirements.
- Prepare and present technical proposals both independently and in collaboration with sales directors.
- Personally manage the company's largest and/or most complex customer accounts as the life cycle technical contact.
- Manage the regional CSE budget including: travel; training; team building; staffing & recognition awards.
- Develop and organize the technical track of Intelsat regional seminars.
Can you achieve the following?
Support Product Management, Sales and Regional CSE teams during trade shows and customer events. Maintain an extensive and in-depth knowledge of Intelsat service offerings and capabilities. Support new satellite design and deployment planning, coordinating with Regulatory team and communicating technical/operational constraints to regional CSE teams.
You should definitely have:
- A Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Communications Engineering, Physics, Maths, with at least 10-years of relevant (satellite/telecom-related) experience.
- Experience in Capacity Management, Customer Solutions Engineering or another Sales Engineering function.
- A track record of successful program and/or project management experience.
- The ability to manage a team with the desire to be an exemplary leader with a focus on the development of the individual and the team.
- Thorough understanding of the cost drivers of hybrid satellite/ground solutions.
- A thorough understanding of satellite operations, satellite design & manufacturing, communications operations, and the sales process.
- Knowledge of satellite link budget analysis (LBA) and the ability to understand the impact of LBA design trade offs
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to pro-actively engage with customers and senior management.
- Demonstrable negotiation skills (with a focus on creating collaborative win-win solutions).
It would be nice if you had:
- People management experience
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including holiday, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.