Administrative and Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
GAI Program and Administrative Assistant
The Global Antitrust Institute (GAI) at George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School was created to promote the application of sound economic analysis to competition enforcement around the world through training programs, competition advocacy, and research. The GAI offers 3-4 week-long legal and economic training programs per year for foreign judges and competition enforcers. The GAI also hosts 2-3 luncheon or daylong domestic programs per year. Through its Competition Advocacy Program (or CAP), the GAI submits 8-12 comments per year to foreign competition enforcers on draft laws and guidelines. GAI professors also participate in 30+ speaking engagements per year at non-GAI events. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Program & Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to the GAIâ€™s faculty and staff with various administrative tasks, including reimbursement requests, ordering supplies when needed, greeting student/faculty/guests to GAI, answering phones, responding to emails, directing inquiries to the correct resources, and maintaining the front desk area. Also updating and maintaining GAIâ€™s website, database/files, updating and organizing contacts information and email lists, posting and updating GAIâ€™s social media accounts, assisting with updating and creating annual reports, GAI brochures, and donor presentation packets. Assisting with booking and coordinating travels when requested, and coordinating and maintaining the executive directorâ€™s calendar and speaking engagement schedule. The program assistant is required to be in the office every day.
- Administrative support to GAI Faculty and Staff. Handling reimbursement requests as directed, program coordination and management including event marketing and recruiting, event timelines and task lists, communication with participants and speakers, preparation of event materials, event follow-up and reporting.
- Website, Social Media, Database support and maintenance and marketing materials.
- Other duties as assigned, but not limited: to booking travel, creating travel itinerary for GAI professors, managing speaking engagements, formatting documents, maintaining office and faculty calendars, and other administrative work critical to GAIâ€™s mission.
- A Bachelorâ€™s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Professional candidate with experience in an admin assistant role or equivalent.
- Excellent organizational skills, proven ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Highly self- motivated, detail oriented, accuracy driven, ability to advance projects in a self-directed way.
- Professional demeanor with strong and effective written and oral communication skills and ability to interact with high-level professionals.
- Superior skills in Microsoft Office products, InDesign or Publisher, and strong database experience and willingness to learn new software.
- Able think independently and flexibility in responding to new projects and assignments as they arise. Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience with social media platforms.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a one-page cover letter, a one-page resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Job Close Date :