Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century. This position will support a wide array of geospatially-enabled analytical efforts for national, regional, and local engineering and geospatial challenges. Candidates will have strong competencies and demonstrated experience developing geospatial software applications for desktop, web, and mobile with an emphasis on business analytics, elevation data, imagery, and horizontal and vertical asset management. Working on the development team will be varied to include:
- Work on consulting projects for federal, state, and local government agency clients.Support large scale geospatial analytical modeling efforts to identify hazards, assess risk, and evaluate risk reduction methods.Apply statistical, numerical and/or computer application techniques.Develop web, mobile, and desktop applications.Participate in testing, supporting and deploying tools and preparing technical documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, environmental science, or other geospatial or science related field, masters preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience developing engineering related applications in ArcGIS using ArcObjects, VB, VB.Net, and/or C#
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, software development project management methodologies (e.g. Agile), and design tools is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with managers are required.
- Analytical and hardware/software troubleshooting skills are required.
- Experience related to environmental or geospatial engineering with proficiency in a range of important tools such as Python, MATLAB, R, ESRI ArcGIS technologies (including ArcGIS Server and ArcSDE Java Script and Flex API), MS SQL Server, Oracle, and PostGRES.
- Experience leveraging GIS and Agile application development skills to execute solutions.
- Strong organizational skills, as well as the ability to multi-task, work independently and as a team player.