Assistant Systems Administrator
Embassy of India
Embassy of India is seeking candidates for the position of “Assistant Systems Administrator” with the following work profile:
Maintenance of Computer Hardware, Software and Peripherals:
- Maintain database of equipment available including technical specifications and cost estimates
- Vendor development, evaluation and rating considering their heritage, capability, etc., for procurement and for maintenance (both on contracts and for adhoc requirements)
- Working out software requirements for procured computers and servers
- Installation and configuration of anti-virus software provided by the Ministry
- Manage records pertaining to the updates of software and licenses
- Basic trouble shooting of various equipment such as computers, printers, servers, special purpose printers, photocopiers, telephone system.
- Interaction with the Ministry for configuration of Linux software.
- Work out the maintenance requirements for various hardware
- MS Office support to various computers in Embassy.
- Managing data back-up
Managing Computers, Servers and Printers in Consular Section & Accounts Section:
- Interface with Consular Section and National Informatics Centre
- Basic trouble shooting of network, software (Unix) and hardware at Consular & Accounts Section
- Managing the maintenance of hardware through maintenance contracts and adhoc support as a back-up
- File work related to the above works
- Graduate Degree
- Sound knowledge Computer Hardware repair & maintenance (Desktops, Laptops & Printers);
- Sound knowledge of Software used in Desktops & Laptops including Anti-Virus
- Knowledge of operating systems such as Windows, iOS, Unix/Linux etc.
- Knowledge of Oracle, Visual Basic etc.
- Should either be a US citizen, having Green Card or Employment Authorization Card (EAD)
- Academic background in Computers
- 03 years of related experience
Interested candidates may send their applications and resumes at the following address; the last date for submission of applications is 23 November, 2018.
Embassy of India
2107 Massachusetts Ave., NW, 20008, Washington DC
Fax: 001 202 319 2840