Assistant Supervisor, Delinquency Group
Large multi-employer pension plan in Old Town Alexandria, VA is seeking an Assistant Supervisor in its Delinquency Group to help ensure the day to day duties of the group are carried out, including monitoring the collection system for delinquencies and supervising personnel. The Delinquency Group Assistant Supervisor also assists in coordinating delinquency processes with the Contribution Group, as needed.
- Assist with supervising the daily operations and personnel of the Delinquency Group. Ensure the staffing and performance necessary to meet production goals.
- Oversee delinquent collections and record keeping functions, including review of correspondence to legal counsel regarding delinquent accounts.
- Ensure completion of all monthly tasks required for processing the 1st and 2nd Delinquent Letters to delinquent contractors and Local Unions.
- Monitor the set-up and maintenance of delinquency files, ensuring proper information is obtained and recorded.
- Review, analyze and maintain all Trustees’ Report material in preparation for quarterly meetings.
- Update and maintain the Int’l Training Fund and Nat’l Pension Fund collection reports as well as the Local 1 Delinquency Trustee Report.
- Maintain and process returned check and implement the necessary collection procedures to minimize losses.
- Work with software development personnel to develop, test and implement a fully automated delinquency data processing system.
- A minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience or college degree required. Experience should include the ability to lead teams and projects, work independently and conduct independent research.
- Accounts Receivable experience and knowledge of legal collection procedures for multi-employer pension funds.
- Labor Relations, Accounting and Computer Science knowledge are desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook along with knowledge of automated systems and the ability to understand systems and communicate needs to Information Services personnel.
Salary Level: Negotiable
Hours: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, weekdays
Benefits: Employer-paid benefits include medical insurance, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits, short- and long-term disability benefits, pension plan, plus 401(k) plan available, flexible spending accounts and free parking.
An Equal Opportunity Employer