Training/Outreach Coordinator (Management Analyst II)
Under the central procurement office, develops, oversees and delivers an outreach program for county departmental staff who have responsibility for solicitation of contracts and processing of procurement documents. Develops training materials to include course curriculum and course content and provides instruction to county users who participate in the procurement process. Creates online and instructor-led training courses to support procurement programs. Provides on-going training based on changes to county policies and procedures. Performs project development and management of an ongoing certification program for delegated users. Performs research and analysis to identify and recommend procurement processes that may be more efficient. Gathers data from outside sources regarding procurement related best practices and their application to County procurement. Serves as the county administrator for the eVA (Virginia's eprocurement portal). Works with DPMM's Business & Technical Support team to represent the user point-of-view for SAP (system) procurement-related issues. Authors articles regarding DPMM business processes and events for publication in various county media. Provides additional back-up and support for compliance team activities which include contract and p-card administration. The salary for this position will not exceed the midpoint range of $77,936.35
Note: The functional areas of the position are training, purchasing and/or finance.
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in the field related to the assigned functional area; plus two years of professional work experience within the functional area.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background and credit check to the satisfaction of the employer.
- Ability to facilitate learning using a variety of instructional techniques and formats, including face to face, interactive technology, webinars, virtual training, and videos;
- Expertise in the procurement and contract process;
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications and other PC-based programs;
- Expertise in SAP financial and/or purchasing modules;
- Ability to use sound judgment in making independent decisions. Commands exceptional skills in presentation delivery;
- Ability to develop content for presentation and/or training materials in diverse formats;
- Ability to identify and describe a range of possible solutions for solving business problems; Promotes and publicizes training classes and workshops and related training functions;
- Ability to respond to internal staff training and business customer needs;
- Ability to provide customer service to end users by assisting in providing first level support in responding to requests for assistance;
- Ability to work closely with subject matter experts to develop course content;
- Knowledge of adult learning theory, instructional design, and a variety of learning methodologies;
- Ability to participate in department workgroups and external committees to enhance program services;
- Ability to collect and analyze information, formulate training and communicate instructions orally and in writing.;
- Ability to understand, document and convey business processes and policies.
- Must demonstrate a high standard of professionalism and ownership/responsibility.
Job is generally sedentary in nature; however, visual acuity is required to read data on computer reports and/or computer monitor. Incumbent must be able to operate keyboard driven equipment. Incumbent must be able to carry computer. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel interview and may include exercise.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.