Digital Designer - Events
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
The Washington Post is seeking a highly motivated innovator, creative thinker and talented designer to join The Washington Post's events team. The right candidate must be a proactive problem-solver, possessing innovative design skills and a willingness to collaborate on group projects. The Digital Designer plays a key role in the development of event marketing materials including the main event branding, print and digital ads, signage and other collateral. This individual will work closely with the Director of Events, Marketing Specialist and other team members to develop both high-impact creative materials for each event and a cohesive look and feel across all programs.
Candidates should have exceptional portfolios containing designs in a variety of print and digital media. When applying for this position, provide a link to your online portfolio or send a PDF portfolio. Candidates who do not submit a portfolio will not be considered.
- Collaborate with the team to build high-impact event branding that represents robust, news-making and relevant Post editorial programs
- Design print and digital ads used to promote each event, as well as digital signage, printed agenda and other materials
- Manage creative projects from concept to execution.
- Work closely with marketing and audience specialists to refine high-quality creative executions across event platforms (social, mobile, video)
- Serve as a creative expert on event presentations, both in-person and across digital platforms
- Communicate concepts, ideas and design rationale with project stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic/Web Design or related discipline from an accredited college or university, or equivalent training and/or experience
- 3-5 years professional experience in digital media, advertising or design
- Expert-level skills in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Edge Animate, Flash
- Strong graphic design ability: skills in typography, illustration, composition and color theory
- Advanced proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of HTML builders (i.e. Flite, Celtra, Google Web Designer, iAd Producer)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Digital video, animation, and motions graphics experience a plus
- Familiarity with usability and interaction design principles
- Thorough understanding of online advertising and website design
- Ability to conceptualize and execute digital campaigns and display advertising including animation and interactivity for desktop and mobile
- Command of industry best practices in information design and architecture, usability, accessibility, and scalable dynamic web user interfaces
- Must be a team player who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be comfortable following direction and implementing changes, while balancing strong design and tight deadlines