TITLE: Project Manager
LOCATION: Alexandria, Virginia
DEPARTMENT: Software Engineering
Less than 10%
HOURS and SCHEDULE
Monday – Friday, 9:00am to 5:30pm (37.5 hours within five (5) days per week); unless otherwise required or approved by management.
This position report to the Senior Project Manager.
The NCMEC Technology Division is seeking a creative and self-motivated Project Manager to work in our agile IT department. The position will have a key role in the management of project as they progress through the NCMEC software lifecycle, including gathering and prioritizing customer requirements, defining the product vision, and leading an engineering team, in a matrix styled environment. This individual will help ensure customer satisfaction, and that projects are orchestrated in a consistent manner with NCMEC’s mission, commitments and goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with stakeholders to develop the scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, and timing for NCMEC software products.
- Develop requirement documents with prioritized features and corresponding justification.
- Manage various software development products throughout their lifecycles.
- Track and report on project milestones and provide periodic status reports to Senior Management and Stakeholders.
- Provide strategic leadership and tactical agile product delivery on projects while collaborating with the NCMEC engineering team, external engineering teams, product support teams and customers.
- Manage the success of assigned products and develop requirements for future product releases.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and opportunities.
- Produce reports on qualitative and quantitative benchmarks to measure and evaluate product goal achievement.
- Work on special projects or prototypes or proof of concepts as assigned by the Technology and Business Managers.
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of highly sensitive material and information.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Three (3) years of relevant work experience in an agile environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledgeable across multiple functional areas such as project management, engineering, UI and customer support.
- Experience managing software development in an Agile development environment.
- Experience in providing concept, definition, development, launch and customer support assistance for software products/programs.
- Experience working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication (written and oral), leadership, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple products, priorities and ensure projects maintain on schedule.
- Adaptability, flexibility and ability to work as part of a team or in an individual capacity.
- Demonstrated word processing, spreadsheet and database software proficiency.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR PUBLIC CONTACT:
Frequent contact requiring courtesy, discretion, and sound judgment