GIS Program Manager
GIS Program Manager: The GIS Program Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining Geographic Information System (GIS) databases and applications, analyzing system requirements, developing, testing, and prototyping GIS applications, and developing procedures for maintaining GIS databases. The successful candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of the GIS application and other business processes.
- Knowledge in all ESRI products including desktop suite of programs, ArcGIS Online, and ArcGIS for Server
- Experience with or basic understanding of SQL Server user roles and privileges.
- Ability to work independently, plan and logically organize
- Ability to follow and understand new developments in the computer field and to be able to explain concepts clearly in writing and orally
- Ability to work under pressure and meet established deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Cartography, Geography, Computer Science, Information Management, GIS, Engineering or related field
- Three (3) years of experience in GIS or a related field
Equivalent combinations of training, education and/or experience may be considered in lieu of certain listed requirements.
Salary: $61,220 Annually
How to Apply: please visit the city’s website at: www.cityofbowie.org and click on the employment link.
Application Deadline: Friday, November 30, 2018
All applicants MUST submit a completed City of Bowie employment application in order to be considered for this opportunity.
The City of Bowie is a drug and alcohol-testing employer. EOE