IT Network Engineer Position # 124380
The Office of Information Technology Networking & Telecommunications Services Team works in conjunction with four additional OIT resource teams to provide technical services and support to nine respected institutions within the University System of Maryland offering over 80 undergraduate and graduate degree programs at The Universities at Shady Grove (USG). This opportunity seeks a hands-on engineer providing networking technical support at the USG campus. Fully support the NTS Sr. Networking Engineer in providing skilled technical assistance with the daily management of all aspects of the networking and telecommunication services for the Shady Grove Center’s academic, administrative and external clientele. These are to include but not limited to; the transmission and reception of data, voice and video; expansion of services; review, testing and deployment of new technologies, provision of network security and maintaining the integrity of the networking, voice and telecommunications wiring the wireless infrastructures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Informational Technology or related field
- Minimum of 3 years practical networking and voice services required
- BICSI certification a plus
- CCNA preferred
- Cisco networking equipment and Avaya VoIP equipment a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Skilled management of Cisco networking infrastructure, Avaya VoIP system administration and servicing
- Knowledge of all current and developing networking protocols including networking security techniques, evolving applications/component and encryption protocols
- Wireless networking protocols is a must
- Extensive walking between and throughout campus buildings
- Moderate lifting of AV equipment and components (of up to 50 lbs.)
- Moderate time spent in cooled computer room environments
- Installation of equipment, climbing ladders, working with hand tools
- Accessing and working within mechanical rooms
- Some Stress factors involved due to the operation and complexity of assigned duties
This position is located in Rockville, MD.
Benefits Offered: The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including 22 Days Annual Leave, 15 Days Sick Leave, 3 Personal Days; 15 Holidays; Tuition Remission; Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription Coverage.
Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the USA. No H1-B Visa sponsorship is offered for this position.
To apply, please visit https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/64691