DUTIES: Operate transit vehicles consisting of cutaway vans, 30’ buses, 35’ buses, and 40’ buses to transport passengers along assigned routes or designated point to point service. Ensure the road worthiness of each vehicle by performing a pre-trip inspection prior to vehicle operation and properly clean, fuel and secure the vehicle following the conclusion of the driving shift as required.
EXPERIENCE: Two years in the operation of medium or heavy duty commercial passenger vehicles.
OTHER: Valid Maryland Commercial Class B Driver’s License (CDL) with passenger endorsement. Employees will be subjected to drug and alcohol education and testing as required under Federal Highway Administration and the State of Maryland regulations.
- General knowledge of the care and operation of motorized equipment.
- Skill in operating assigned motor vehicles in all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to read and write and to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Able to bend over to inspect vehicle, operate wheelchair securements, check vehicle mileage, etc.
- Able to check vehicle for cleanliness and clean as necessary.
- Able to sit for extended periods of time.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical inquiries and/or medical examinations to determine ability to perform the job. Employees in this job class must maintain the required driver's license with no more than 5 points once hired. Employees in this job class are subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.
Current hourly rate= $16.78
Hourly rate as of January 1, 2019= $17.11
- 3 Personal leave days
- 11 Annual leave days
- 14/15 holidays
- 15 Sick leave days
- Tuition Remission
- Tuition Remission for spouse or dependent after 2 years of full time employment
Candidates must apply on our website and complete the online application.