Supervisory IT Specialist - INFOSEC - DIRECT HIRE
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel is required
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- GOVERNMENT TRAVEL CARD: This position involves travel. A government contractor-issued travel card will be issued and must be retained for official business only.
- DEU REQUIREMENTS: Applicants selected under delegated examining procedures may be required to successfully complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- PROBATIONARY PERIOD: You must complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- SUPERVISORY PROBATIONARY PERIOD: New supervisors must complete a 1-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- THIS POSITION IS EXEMPT FROM THE FAIR LABOR STANDARD ACT
- THIS POSITION IS NOT COVERED BY THE BARGAINING UNIT
- Security Clearance: Top SECRET/ SSBI
- Pre-employment drug test required and random drug testing once on board
FOR THE GS-15, to qualify, you must have at least one full year of specialized equal or equivalent experience to the following:
- Experience leading and managing an enterprise data center IT Security program to ensure essential transportation mission systems are not interrupted by cyber risks. This includes leveraging a risk based approach for the implementation of policy, operational and technical controls, incident response and handling, patch and configuration management, and privacy/security protection of data.
- Experience in monitoring, measuring, and evaluating the performance of enterprise level IT Security programs. This includes advancing the IT security program through establishment of performance metrics and continuous process and program improvements.
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS VACANCY IS LIMITED TO THE FIRST 50 APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AND WILL CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT ON THE CLOSING DATE OR AT MIDNIGHT ON THE DAY WE RECEIVE THE 50th APPLICATION; WHICHEVER COMES FIRST.
Displaced employees may be eligible for ICTAP or CTAP priority consideration. For more information, please review the OPM Employee's Guide to Career Transition.
EEO STATEMENT: The Department of Transportation (DOT) maintains a model federal work environment that is free of discrimination. DOT ensures equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, or protected activity.
This vacancy may be used to fill similar positions.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Performance Appraisal - Current and former employees may be required to submit their most recently completed annual performance appraisal (dated within 18 months) which identifies the official rating of record, signed by the supervisor, or a statement advising why the performance appraisal is unavailable (e.g., length of time in current position, etc.). Performance plans will not be accepted.
For this announcement, all applicants will be reviewed to determine if they meet the basic qualifications for this position, specifically the educational and specialized experience requirements.
Applicants will not be rated or ranked. Veteran's Preference does NOT apply.
All applications that are verified to meet the basic qualifications will be referred to the selecting official.
DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE: PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated by a resume. If, upon review, it is determined that your resume and/or supporting documents do not support your answer choices, your application may be removed from consideration.
Ultimately, the Automated Staffing Office is responsible for determining an applicant's eligibility. Please ensure that your resume provide enough detail to support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required Yes