International Broadcaster (Multimedia) (Vietnamese)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Basic Qualifications: Applicants must be bilingual in Vietnamese and English with the ability to fluently speak, research, write and accurately translate in both languages and applicants must have one year of specialized experience which is related directly to this line of work or the following education requirements.
You must meet one of the following three experience/education requirements to be eligible for this position.
GS-09: Professional experience as a regular Translator of news reports and stories from English into Vietnamese for broadcast and publication in the news industry.
GS-11: Examples along with the GS-09 specialized experience are: writing and producing for radio, TV and Internet stories/news analyses, and/or feature stories for a recognized news publication such as a daily newspaper or a weekly news magazine; or for a wire service such as AP,UPI, or Reuters; or a TV station, such as ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN or Fox News, etc. Such experience must have a clearly demonstrated ability to (1) understand and write about domestic and international affairs, (2) write for audiences of varying backgrounds and interests, (3) write under deadline pressure, (4) exercise sound and independent editorial judgment and (5) write, voice and produce complete packages.
GS-09 level-Master's degree or equivalent graduate degree with major study in journalism, communications, history, economics, political science, international relations or other field related to the position OR 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B OR J.D. if related.
GS-11 level-Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree OR 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education with major study in journalism, communications, history, economics, political science, international relations or other field related to the position leading to such a degree OR LL.M., if related.
OR Combining Education and Experience: Equivalent combination of successfully completed education and experience may be used to meet the experience requirements.
TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE PROVIDED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION IF APPLYING BASED ON EDUCATION.
Examinations Required: Candidates who meet all education and/or experience requirements must demonstrate their knowledge and ability in investigative writing through successful performance in a written examination. You will be notified as to whether you will be scheduled for testing once qualifications determinations have been made. Tests are administered in Washington, DC and via SKYPE. APPLICANTS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING THEIR OWN EXPENSES TO AND FROM THE TEST SITE. APPLICANTS THAT OPT TO TAKE THE TEST VIA SKYPE MUST HAVE ACCESS TO A COMPUTER WITH A WEBCAM. A PRINTER IS OPTIONAL.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
1. If you are an eligible Inter agency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) applicant, you may apply for special selection over other candidates for this position. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position. ICTAP eligibles must submit one of the following as proof of eligibility for the special selection priority: a separation notice; a "Notice of Personnel Action" (SF-50) documenting separation; an agency certification that you cannot be placed after injury compensation has been terminated; an OPM notification that your disability annuity has been terminated; OR a Military Department or National Guard Bureau notification that you are retired under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456.
2. If you are still on active duty, you may submit a statement of service from your Personnel Command which states the date you entered active duty, the date you are separating, and the campaign medals you have received.
3. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
4. If selected, you will be subject to a security investigation to establish your suitability for federal employment. The security investigation will include, among other aspects, a review of your credit and legal history.
5. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Additional selections may be made if additional/identical vacancies occur within 90 days of certificate issuance.
Note: Budgetary conditions may delay or otherwise affect filling this vacancy. However, all interested candidates should apply now.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once your resume or application is submitted, a review of your qualification will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements and competencies required for this position.
- Proficiency in Specified Language
- Targeted Area
Possession of competencies may be addressed in a cover letter and/or resume. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made. Read more Security clearance Q - Sensitive Drug test required No