Supervisory IT Specialist
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position
- Serve a one year supervisory or managerial probationary period, if required
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-15 salary range starts at $134,789.00 per year.
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies AND one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 level in the Federal service as described below:
IT SPECIALIST COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Attention to Detail - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant keeps abreast of latest technology, information, research, etc., to maintain knowledge in field of expertise (for example, reads trade journals, participates in professional/technical associations, maintains credentials).
- Customer Service - skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant promotes or develops and maintains good working relationships with key individuals or groups.
- Oral Communication - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant serves on panels, committees, or task forces as a representative for the organization on technical or professional issues.
- Problem Solving - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant monitors current trends or events (for example, technological, economic, political, social, educational, or employment trends or events) and applies the information as appropriate.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Specialized experience is defined as experience leading matrixed teams in managing an IT portfolio with a variety of technologies supporting diverse business organizations; implementing COTS, cloud, open source and emerging technology solutions and initiatives, following IT security policies in systems development and operations; leading large transformation initiatives to modernize complex legacy business systems using Agile Development and DevSecOps methodologies; and conducting life-cycle cost studies, budget formulation, acquisition management and performance management of application development, operations, and maintence.
Bargaining Unit status: Not applicable
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Travel expenses associated with interviews may be approved. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
On a case-by-case basis, the following incentives may be approved:
· Recruitment incentive if you are new to the federal government
· Credit toward vacation leave if you are new to the federal government
Additional vacancies may be filled through this announcement in this or other GSA organizations within the same commuting area, as needed; through other means; or not at all.
If you are eligible under Merit Promotion, you may also apply under Vacancy Announcement #19222014FMMP. You must apply separately to each announcement to be considered for both.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here’s how it will work:
- You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Ability to apply leadership skills
Skill working with IT systems and technologies2a. Skill applying knowledge of current and emerging technologies/products/applications
- Skill in applying project management techniques
- Skill applying IT analytical methods and techniques
- Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified.
- We will verify your answers to the questions in your resume. If your resume doesn’t support your answers, we may lower your score, which could place you in a lower category.
- Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No