Program Associate (Pre-Kindergarten) NF-03
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Possess and maintain a Child Development Associate (CDA) or Military School-Age Credential.
Meet Entry -level requirements.
- Possess twelve (12) months experience working in a group program with children and/or youth. - Possess AA degree with major emphasis in early childhood education or child development.
Meet Entry -level requirements.
- Possess BA/BS degree with a major emphasis in early childhood education, Elementary Education, Child Development, Home Economics, Special Education or related behavioral sciences.
Experience working as a Lead Child and Youth Program Assistant, Child and Youth Program Technician, or Child and Youth Program Assistant (Target Level - 4) is highly preferred.
CANDIDATES WILL BE RANKED AGAINST THE HIGHLY QUALIFIED CRITERIA. ONLY THE MOST HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE INITIALLY REFERRED. IF MANAGEMENT DOES NOT SELECT A HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATE, THEY MAY REQUEST AN ADDITIONAL REFERRAL LIST. HIGHLY QUALIFIED CRITERIA FOR THIS POSITION ARE:
MUST currently have at least three (3) years experience as a Lead Caregiver in an Army CYS Child Development Center Program within the last four (4) years
MUST have experience in completion of Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale (ECERS) tool and development of appropriate action plan
MUST have one (1) year experience as a Lead Caregiver conducting conferences with families of young children?
MUST successfully completed National Association for Educating Young Children (NAEYC) and have knowledge of Army Strong Beginnings Curriculum?
To be evaluated as a highly preferred candidate, your resume MUST clearly reflect ALL knowledge and experience listed under the highly qualified criteria above.
Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:30pm (EST) on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) cost is not authorized based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Application Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)