Research Development Advisor
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must possess a Bachelor's or graduate/higher level degree in a major study in an academic field related to the medical field, health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position;
In addition to meeting the Educational Requirement, you must demonstrate one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: analyzing and reviewing scientific proposals for effectiveness in meeting research goals and priorities for an organization; monitoring technologies and scientific software platforms to negotiate and establish research contracts or agreements; assisting in the development of websites and databases to share scientific methods, data, and information about new technologies; communicating technology-oriented activities and scientific resources to scientists; and serving as a liaison in the planning of a portfolio of core research and technology development laboratories.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Preview assessment questionnaire before you apply: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10323838
This position has an education requirement. You are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package. Official transcripts will be required from all selectees prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
- This position is designated as a "non-emergency/teleworker" position and the selected candidate will be considered a "non-emergency/teleworker" https://hr.nih.gov/working-nih/dismissal-and-closures/procedures employee. In the event of a closure, you must be available to telework https://hr.nih.gov/working-nih/dismissal-and-closures/proceduresor request leave.
- If selected, you must pass a pre-employment medical examination.
- PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps should also apply online to this announcement in order to receive consideration.
- We may make additional selections for similar positions within the commuting area(s) of the locations listed through this vacancy announcement.
- The National Institutes of Health participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- The NIH maintains a tobacco free work environment and campus.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you meet the minimum qualifications for this position, your application and responses to the online questionnaire will be evaluated under Category Rating and Selection procedures for placement in one of the following categories:
- - Best Qualified - for those who are superior in the evaluation criteria
- - Well Qualified - for those who excel in the evaluation criteria
- - Qualified - for those who only meet the minimum qualification requirements
To be considered well qualified for the purposes of the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must substantively exceed the basic qualifications by scoring at least an 85 on the assessment and meet all eligibility, physical, medical, suitability, and any other requirements. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No