Learning Design and Solutions
Exempt, Contingent II, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 1.3
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is seeking a Content Developer for Learning Design & Solutions (LD&S). Reporting to the Manager, Content Operations, the Content Developer's primary responsibility will be to manage course content within our learning content management system (LCMS) using a variety of technologies and processes. The Content Developer will also provide support and training to both the Undergraduate and Graduate Schools, and internal LD&S staff, in regard to syllabi, Model Sign-off, and new initiatives, including but not limited to Open Educational Resources (OERs), Adaptive, and ELM.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Supporting UMUC initiatives for The Undergraduate School and The Graduate School including but not limited to: monitoring progress, status reporting, and closing completed requests
- Monitoring and resolving support requests across multiple ticketing systems
- Maintaining departmental content using a variety of software solutions
- Preparing content and metadata to be stored in the Learning Content Management System
- Creating and maintaining documentation for all processes
- Providing administrative support to the content development team for content-oriented initiatives, new process design, and updates to existing methodologies
- Other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning and two (2) years of experience in an office environment.
- Candidates should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Candidates should have strong organizational skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; strong customer service skills; experience and willingness to collaborate as a team; as well as the ability to learn new software solutions quickly.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Basic knowledge of HTML, HTML5, and CSS
- Google Applications
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.